Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Qiestions for ya'll  (Read 4759 times)

mbuckley52

Qiestions for ya'll
« on: August 29, 2013, 07:04:40 pm »

We (the wife and I) currently live in Texas (Ft Worth)
The wife mentioned this site so I thought I would check it out.

As most people know it gets very hot here, today (thursday 2/29) it is 101 at almost 7 in the evening.

The whole country is going to shit and we are looking for a place we can move to that we can enjoy the freedoms and get away from an ever oppressing government. You know who I mean.

I have a lot of guns and love shooting them.and yes i have the EVIL weapon. Evil in the hands of some stupid ass politician who couldn't find his/her ass with both hands.

I also have a Texas concealed handgun license and don't want to give it up.

We are both medically trained, she is an R.N. and I am a surgical tech (army trained) with 28 years experience.
We own a house here so would look at buying one there.

question 1 can I have my weapons there without any crap?
2. what is the weather like? Cold? snowy?
3 how is the hunting?
4. where is the best place to live where there is some country? we love the outdoors and have 4 dogs.
5. how is the job market?

thanks for your help

Mark Buckley
Ft Worth,Texas

Dracone

Re: Qiestions for ya'll
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 07:06:56 pm »

I don't know about the rest, since I don't actually live in NH yet, but I DO know the answer to your first question, about guns because it's one of the main reasons I want to move to NH. YES you can have your guns without any crap! NH has some of the best gun laws in the nation, and open carry is completely legal as well.
"You can throw your rock, and hide your hand/ Working in the dark against your fellow man/ But sure as God make black and white/ What is done in the dark will come to the light" -Johnny Cash "God's gonna cut you down" song...

Jeff NH

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 07:53:42 pm »

question 1 can I have my weapons there without any crap?
2. what is the weather like? Cold? snowy?
3 how is the hunting?
4. where is the best place to live where there is some country? we love the outdoors and have 4 dogs.
5. how is the job market?

1) You guns will be fine. no gun restrictions. no magazine limits.  no restrictions on carry in bars. no permit to open carry. shall issue concealed carry. in general, NH gun laws are somewhat better than TX.
2) I am sure it will be cold compared to TX. Not as cold as many people expect. Snow is generally not bad compared to the really snowy places in the northeast but there will be days
3) Plenty of people hunt in NH/VT/ME. I don't currently hunt so hard to put it in relative terms. I live in 2nd biggest city in NH. Often see wild turkey weekly). Occasional deer. Lots of duck. I am sure I am missing some subtlety about the question such as how much land is open to hunt on (seems pretty good in most rural towns. people are encouraged to keep their land open to hunters).
4) You can pretty much live anyplace in the state as even if you get 15 minutes from the 'big' cities it is quite rural. Of course we are not TX big so you can't get 5 hours away from the big cities...without running out of state. South eastern portion of state tends to be warmest (closer to ocean) and if just a little inland you can still stay rural.
5) NH unemployment is very good. Of course it depends a lot on what you do. There is an FSP job alert page on facebook where people post lots of openings but it is still a small fraction of the total available jobs in the state.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 08:19:01 pm »

We need KB formally of Texarkana TX to weigh in here. ;D
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 12:48:14 am »

We need KB formally of Texarkana TX to weigh in here. ;D

Fine, lemme get home from work first, ya pushy Noo Yawker!

1) As answered, NH has the best gun laws in the country; better even than the 4 or 5 "constitutional carry" states. Keep your Texas CHL renewed for reciprocity with more states, but a NH license only costs $10 for 5 years, is shall-issue with no classes, is issued by your local police department, and will be in your hands in less than 14 days -- often just a day or two, depending on them having someone available to type it up. It's only required for two things: carrying a loaded handgun in a motor vehicle, or carrying both loaded and concealed on your person. The only place off limits for carry is courtrooms -- and they have to secure your gun for you while you're inside.

Oh, and complete knife freedom: there are no restrictions on owning or carrying any kind of knife, unless you're a felon. If Jim Bowie knew his namesake knife would be a "prohibited weapon" in Texas, he'd have moved to NH.  ;)

The only thing NH restricts that Texas doesn't, is no loaded rifles or shotguns in vehicles. It's a hunting law, and Texas is one of the few states that doesn't ban loaded long guns in vehicles. And, NH hasn't yet joined the ranks of hunting with silencers, like Texas now allows, but we're working on both those things.

2) Weather was a huge motivator for us to move. I'm originally from Arkansas, and my lovely bride is from Shreveport. I've been in Texarkana since 1989, and I hate the heat. To turn a phrase, "But it's a dry cold!"  Seriously, I was in PJ pants and a t-shirt in January when I stepped out to get some kindling, and it was -27F. Two days later I flew back into Dallas, and was freezing my ass off because it was 35F and freezing rain. The cold days in Texas are far more miserable than NH, plus the seasonal changes are much steadier in NH. None of that 20F one day, 80 the next like Texas.

3) Hunting is awesome. Deer in Texas tend to be bred for rack size, but the critters are the size of doberman pinschers. In the north, a run of the mill 7 point will be 175 pounds, field dressed. Wild turkey are thick as fleas. Rabbits and some birds have disappeared as the forests have regrown back to their natural state. If you're lucky enough to win a moose tag (lottery system), you better get to know someone with a log skidder, because that's a thousand pounds of critter to drag out of the woods. There is largemouth, smallmouth, and striper/hybrid fishing on the big lakes, but also trout and salmon, and walleye, pike, etc.

4) As said, 15 minutes in any direction puts you in the country. You don't need much land here. Heads up: 300 years of legal and social tradition give us very different trespass rules. People will respect your property, but unless it's fenced and posted, it is presumed to be open to non-motorized recreation, such as hiking, hunting, and fishing. Almost everyone will ask first, but there are very few fences unless needed to contain livestock. Western folks sometimes have a hard time grasping that, but it works equally well in your favor when you want to explore some new land.

5) There are more small hospitals here than in Texas, so you can both find work with no problem. The easy choice would be Grafton, which is 30 minutes or so from the major medical center at Dartmouth-Hitchcock.

C'mon up, the freedom's great!

mbuckley52

Re: Re: Qiestions for ya'll
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 02:14:47 pm »

Jeff
Just got around to checking this.  Thanks for all the info.
Sounds like the place for us.
Can you send me links to houses.
I want to see what we can get for our money
Mark

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 03:59:38 pm »

1) You guns will be fine. no gun restrictions. no magazine limits.  no restrictions on carry in bars. no permit to open carry. shall issue concealed carry. in general, NH gun laws are somewhat better than TX.

That's an understatement.

Texas isn't even in the top half, when it comes to gun freedom - the laws there are horrible.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

freedomroad

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 10:22:29 pm »

Jeff
Mark

http://porcupinerealestate.com/ is a good real estate place in NH. You can search through listings yourself here. http://www.nneren.com/search.html?property_search_action=search&&state=NH

Here are some random listings for cheap condos if your into that. https://nhfreedom.wordpress.com/2013/09/06/lots-of-affordable-housing-in-new-hampshire/

freedomroad

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 10:22:55 pm »

Jeff
Mark

Welcome to the Forum!

http://porcupinerealestate.com/ is a good real estate place in NH. You can search through listings yourself here. http://www.nneren.com/search.html?property_search_action=search&&state=NH

Here are some random listings for cheap condos if your into that. https://nhfreedom.wordpress.com/2013/09/06/lots-of-affordable-housing-in-new-hampshire/

Pages: [1]   Go Up