Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: House hunting this Friday 8/30 and Saturday 8/31 in NH , escaping CT  (Read 7044 times)

Cbonas81

One more day and its off to NH for the weekend for house hunting. I feel relieved each and every time I cross into NH. It feels like a fresh start and a chance of living more free and less burdened by insane taxation. We have a great real estate agent working with us already and he has lined up 11 houses we will be looking at. Friday we will in the Weare NH area and Saturday we will go over to the Wolfeboro area. All the homes we are seeing have in law apartments as my folks are making the move along with us after they suffered a devastating house fire in CT. We look forward to having the fresh start for our family in the liberty minded state of NH.

Cbonas81

Re: House hunting this Friday 8/30 and Saturday 8/31 in NH , escaping CT
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 09:02:58 pm »

Made the offer on a house on Pembroke NH today. Fingers crossed that it is accepted. If so we should close no later then 10/26/13. Very excited   ;D

Cbonas81

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 05:41:39 pm »

Lost out on the Pembroke house but found a much better property and house for our needs and commute in Hillsborough NH. The sellers countered our offer on it and we accepted it . :) Moving to NH by Dec 1st

freedomroad

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 08:44:31 pm »

Excellent. I was just in that town. A liberty family just moved there from the West. It was great to meet them. I've worked in that area before. It is very close to Concord. Not too far from other areas, either. For example. Hillsboro is 35 to 45 min. from Keene, NH.

Cbonas81

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 06:31:01 pm »

Home inspection tomorrow , Fingers crossed it goes well.

Cbonas81

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 07:42:34 am »

Home inspection came back with little to no issues. The ones that were present have been addressed by the seller and they even threw in a 1 year home shield warranty at their expense. Now the waiting begins for financing approval. The only issue delaying us now is the government shut down has delayed our FHA loan process. We may have to go with a 5% conventional in order to meet our close date of November 14th. Unfortunately the extra % down might kill our budget as this move is truly 2 house holds , mine and my parents.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything