Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: There should be some articles about moving from EU to US, procedues, legal stuff  (Read 8630 times)

matekdk

Hi,

I'm currently considering to become a full participant in FSP .. The thing is that US has some quite strict immigration laws (as I understand).

Here is the way I plan to do it:

- I'm involved in a couple of different businesses, and as it  happens, we actually do have a US-subsiduary.
- So the way I will do it - and you can to is:
   - Create a company in United States. This can be done even if you are outside US (I did it several years ago, it ain't that hard)
   - Be sure to either start doing business througout that company or make sure that there is quite substantial amount of money in the company
   - Start the process of employing yourself - you will surely get minimum 2 year green card (if the company is legit that is ;) ) with the point of setting the business up in the us

I know many people that moved to used by using the above "formula" .. The thing is, that if you demonstrate that you have money or a viable business, it seems that you will not have any problems.

So - here is my request for the FSP community - you guys should create some articles/information on your site for possible international participants - because there are A LOT of people out there, that support the cause.

Best regards,

M.

mrrobertbates

GREAT IDEA!!!  Unfortunately, I have zero knowledge that would be helpful.  :(
*Link Removed*

marcellms

Hello, people. I'm new here and I'm also from Brazil.

Your idea is pretty good, but since I'm just a muay thai teacher in Brazil, it's kinda hard for me to create a company (I can't afford to have my own gym). I'm sure there are many people in the same situation and I believe the solution is getting hired by native Americans. Any ideas on that?

Alasdair

How many of us are there wanting to go from EU to NH?

It may be worth us coming together to share legal costs with an Immigration Attorney.

Can anyone in NH let us know if that would be the case?

I'm starting to wonder if I've left things too late. I've got a degree, no criminal record etc. but it seems I need $1M to invest to create jobs or marry to get in.  ???

TJames

Since this method should work from anywhere in the world why not have the international members network on it? Are people going to network around an international programming company owned by freestaters?

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate

How many of us are there wanting to go from EU to NH?

It may be worth us coming together to share legal costs with an Immigration Attorney.

I'm starting to wonder if I've left things too late. I've got a degree, no criminal record etc. but it seems I need $1M to invest to create jobs or marry to get in.  ???

Via marriage:

1) Come to Porcfest
2) Immediately acquire partner, everyone loves and accent here
3) Move to the US within a year

Via job:

a) Work for a firm with offices in the US for a year and then they can transfer you. L1 visa
b) H1b jobs
c) Be a well recognized expert in your field

Fishercat

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant

Attorney's fees don't scale. 

If you are immigrating via a business sponsorship (e.g. H1B), the attorney is going to be working for (and paid by) the business.

If you don't meet the requirements, and attorney probably isn't going to help you.  Some claim they can and will, for example, charge large fees to enter people into the green card lottery, which you can do yourself.  If you do meet the requirements, an attorney will help you avoid screwing up on the technicalities.

British Freedom Lover

I agree, some advice would be fantastic.

As British people can't apply for the green card lottery, and I have no talent for making money, it seems the only option open to me is to marry an American. Would love to know if there's another route I haven't yet discovered.

If things get much worse in the UK, I may fly into Mexico and jump the border - it seems to have worked for millions of people ;)

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator

For those in countries that house American soldiers, some do return to the u.s. married to people they met while there.

I recall that some brits  make good money buying older American cars and bringing them back to England to sell. Helps if the pound is strong against the dollar.

And can a brit legally relocate to Canada easily? It is part of your Commonwealth.
Pages: [1]   Go Up