Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visiting next week from CA - anyone available to meet up?  (Read 2056 times)

wilderness lover

Visiting next week from CA - anyone available to meet up?
« on: August 13, 2013, 11:10:58 pm »

Hi,

I'm considering a move to NH in 2014 and I'll be visiting the area next week from Aug 21-25. I may be staying with family in Brattleboro part of the time and in NH hear Lake Sunapee as well - still figuring out exact plans. I'd be interested in meeting up with some folks during that time to get a sense of life out there and who is in the FSP. About me: I'm a 32 year old psychotherapist. I love the outdoors. I play bluegrass music. I'm also into prepping and firearms stuff. If you think we might get along or have anything in common maybe we could meet up and I could chat with you about FSP and life in NH. I also definitely plan on visiting the White Mountains and would love get some pointers about where to go for good day hikes or to meet up with people for a hike somewhere that you like to go. Or if there any FSP events happening when I am there I would love to know about that. If anyone is interested in meeting up maybe you can private message me and we can exchange info and get in touch. Thanks a lot!

Paul

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Visiting next week from CA - anyone available to meet up?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 11:58:21 am »

The Bardo Project does a potluck dinner every Sunday at their farm in Croydon, NH: http://bardoproject.com/ There's also a housewarming party for some new movers on the 25th... If you are on Facebook, I recommend joining the Free State Project group; that's a good way to get in touch with people and learn about events.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Sam Adams

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 09:54:23 pm »

Paul, as far as hiking the White Mountains, go anywhere and the hikes are great. Stop in at Lincoln visitor center rt. 93 for info and maps. I enjoy Franconia Notch straight up 93. Base camp would be Lafayette camp ground. From camp ground which is transportation hub of hikers and public transport to and from, mountains. Easy hike is Lonesome lake and AMC kitchen and then to different direction, ski mountains. Across the highway from there are mountain peak hikes, 3 peaks. Take your pick on 10 hour hikes, 2 day or 3 or more day hikes. Pemi river is there and lakes, falls, shear mountain rope climbs and much more. Lafayette camp ground fills up after Thursday but many camps around, just not in the center of the hub.

wilderness lover

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 12:29:58 am »

Jason, thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I'll be leaving on the 25th so I won't be able to attend those events. I'll check out the facebook group though.

Sam Adams, thanks for the tips on the White Mountains! I'm looking forward to exploring the area.
Pages: [1]   Go Up