Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trailer repair in Tilton  (Read 4367 times)

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
Trailer repair in Tilton
« on: July 15, 2013, 04:19:15 pm »

FYI, I passed Tilton Trailer Rental the other day, and they had a sign up saying they're looking for a trainee repair technician.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
Re: Trailer repair in Tilton
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 04:52:51 pm »

I cross posted this to the FSP Job Hunt on Facebook.
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 05:30:59 pm »

Good idea.  Figure it might help someone who's specifically looking for something entry-level, and who has some level of technical skill.  And the Franklin/Tilton area is very central, so someone could use it as a starting point while exploring NH for a more-permanent location.

Or, for that matter, I should point out that it's very commutable from the eastern end of Grafton (near the Danbury border), if someone wanted to move here, specifically.  Just shoot through Danbury, then down to Hill, pick up 3A, through Franklin, and Tilton Trailer is not far after the border.  Probably half an hour, or a hair more in bad weather/traffic.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 12:07:37 pm »

Yep. :)

I'm slowly but surely working on my wife to make Grafton a possibility for buying. We'll see how things end up.
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything