Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: URGENT: Help With SSN Legals, and Right To Travel  (Read 10491 times)

SovereignMan

URGENT: Help With SSN Legals, and Right To Travel
« on: June 28, 2013, 08:18:42 am »

Well, after a long battle I was able to get a passport WITHOUT the SSN.

Now 4 years later, trying to get additional Visa pages, they are denying me, on the basis of failing to provide the SSN.  I'm stuck in a foreign country, with no way to get out until I get more visa pages.

The Consul General promises me if I can provide the legal precedents he'll "appeal".  Whatever that means.

It's been 4 years since I studied this, and a few hard drive crashes later, I do not have all those legal references.

Anyone here that can provide me any and all legal references regarding the right of refusal of the SSN on religious grounds please send them.

Anyone here that can refer me to a good constitutional attorney who could help out in this case I would appreciate the reference.

Sam Adams

Re: URGENT: Help With SSN Legals, and Right To Travel
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 10:30:59 am »

Well, after a long battle I was able to get a passport WITHOUT the SSN.

Now 4 years later, trying to get additional Visa pages, they are denying me, on the basis of failing to provide the SSN.  I'm stuck in a foreign country, with no way to get out until I get more visa pages

Anyone here that can provide me any and all legal references regarding the right of refusal of the SSN on religious grounds please send them.

Anyone here that can refer me to a good constitutional attorney who could help out in this case I would appreciate the reference.
                    Your looking for Section. public law 93-579. privacy act 1974 Title 5 of US code annotated 552[a], 1976 amendment Social Security Act. 42,USCA, Section 301, et seq,,405 c[2][i,iii]  also Section 7, Privacy act 1974.. Its under_____ Title 42 US Code, section 408, {a} {8}_____5years imprisonment for any govt official to deny you a service for refusing to reveal your SSN or private retirement number.

SovereignMan

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 03:19:59 am »

Thanks Sam.  I really appreciate it.

I'm preparing my case based on the Privacy Act of 1974, with reference to the penalties outlined in Title 42, Section 408.

In you opinion, is that my strongest case?  Or is there some weasel language they could use that the Privacy act does not apply to them?

I likely only have one shot at this, and want to get everything in order.  Any help would be much appreciated.

SovereignMan

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 05:33:41 am »

Alright, I have a rebuttal prepared.

Anyone know of some good constitutional attorneys who can review it for any legal shortcomings?

I likely only have one shot at this, and don't want to mess it up.

SovereignMan

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 12:04:54 pm »

Does anyone know if there are any exemptions to the Privacy Act that would give the Department Of State any legal ground to deny a passport, or issue visa additional pages?

SovereignMan

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 06:35:53 am »

For anyone curious, I got my passport pages without the SSN, and without giving into any demands.

It was entertaining to see them backpedal when the law & the penalties they were facing for breaking it were articulated in detail.

TJames

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 04:28:36 pm »

sweet
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything