Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Town shopping in NH  (Read 2139 times)

katas

Town shopping in NH
« on: June 26, 2013, 03:00:10 pm »

Hello to all!  I am currently living in Connecticut (sigh) and excited to make a move to NH sooner than later.  I will be actually heading up to go site seeing on July 12th-14th around the state to several towns I have been advised by friends and family that are beautiful towns.  I am however looking for advice from those who already live there for pros and cons and or towns to look at.  I am looking for a small main street town that has homes with a decent amount of land and not ridiculous in pricing because it is close to a major city or to the coast.  At the moment I will be working remote from my current office in CT so internet connectivity(cable or better) will be a must to not impact my current career.  Do any of you have any advice on anything I outlined?

Thanks again,

Ray

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
Re: Town shopping in NH
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 04:27:55 pm »

Welcome!  :)  It seems we've had many new movers from CT lately...

Some of it will come down to how much land you want and how rural you are willing to go (and, of course, what your budget is). Based on your description, you might want to check out Tilton and some of the surrounding towns north of Concord and near the "lakes region".

Check out Liberty603.com for some maps that might help you get a feel for demographics, home prices, taxes, etc.
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

Dawn

• FSP Participant
Re: Town shopping in NH
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 02:26:00 pm »

It depends what you want in a town (or city).

Do you want small and rural? Or "big" city?

Do you want white collar or blue collar?

Do  you want low zoning (check out the ordinances which are  usually on the town's website)? Grafton has little or no zoning yet Keene has a lot, for one example.

Do you want state reps who are already in your corner? If so, look up the reps on the NHLA's Liberty Rating and see how they rank. This is one criteria I wish I had used and will use if I ever move again.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything