Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Well it might be time  (Read 1265 times)

FlightRunner

Well it might be time
« on: July 14, 2013, 05:29:57 pm »

So, I posted on here a bit back and have been tied down to an area for school. I am 24 and live in Minnesota. I started my first real job here in June and was going to finish up my Bachelors online, but they didn't like me and cut me loose. So since I set things up to finish school online, it does not really matter if I stay here and I am tired of living in a community that is full of people who are far Left Statists. Whenever I speak my beliefs here, it's like you either have the unaware ignoramuses that don't care or you have people who love the state because it's this omnipotent being that has "given" them so much in life and I am a cold heartless bastard for saying that it is not the governments place to dictate everything.

I have a family base between here and New Hampshire that I will be moving to within the next few days, so I could always finish up my last year of my degree there and then move. My degree is going to essentially be an individually designed major mixed with Mathematics and Business classes and eventually I would like to own my own business (Leaning towards learning to brew and opening a brew pub, but I might want to find more of a niche). In the mean time however, I am going to need to work. So, one of my questions is, would it be smarter to complete my degree first and then move or will I be able to find a job there that pays above minimum wage (The job I just lose was 30k a year, so anything around or above there would be great) if I just come out there? Employment is a must for me before I move out, because I have lived a bit foolishly recently and have amassed some debt. I assume if I moved, I would probably be looking at a bigger area like Manchester, but where is the best place for jobs and how much will a person be looking at for rent?

I'm sure I will come up with more as time goes on, but the plain and short of it is, I want to be around people who think more similarly to me.

elkingrey

• Daily Anarchist
Re: Well it might be time
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 10:02:15 pm »

Would be nice if you could get here sooner and finish your degree in New Hampshire. I can't compare New Hampshire to Minnesota, but I can say that finding work has been much easier in New Hampshire than California.

Good luck to you. Can't wait for you to get here!

FlightRunner

Re: Well it might be time
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 07:02:40 pm »

An update: I will be going to the Young Americans for Liberty convention in DC in the end of July/Beginning of August. If I were to drive up there would there be anything going on that would give me an idea of what the FSP is all about?
Pages: [1]   Go Up