Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 41 Camping Hacks That Are Borderline Genius  (Read 8612 times)

freedomroad

41 Camping Hacks That Are Borderline Genius
« on: June 12, 2013, 12:03:34 pm »

A porcupine posted this article somewhere else. It looked fun and interesting so I thought I'd share. Enjoy.

41 Camping Hacks That Are Borderline Genius
These tips and tricks will guarantee you’ll be a totally happy camper this summer.
June 5, 2013 at 1:20pm EDT
http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/camping-hacks-that-are-borderline-genius

1. Use foam floor tiles for a softer, more comfortable tent floor.

Click on the article to see the rest as this is a very visual article. http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/camping-hacks-that-are-borderline-genius

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
Re: 41 Camping Hacks That Are Borderline Genius
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 02:29:43 pm »

I posted that. :)

And I got shit from one of my marine hardcore friends who would rather "rough it" with none of the conveniences this shows. lol
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

TheMagicBullet

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 05:22:46 pm »

I friggin love stuff like this!

freak

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 07:48:14 pm »

And I got shit from one of my marine hardcore friends who would rather "rough it" with none of the conveniences this shows. lol

Does he remember shelter halves? Because those who do might appreciate a little convenience now and then.

freedomroad

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 08:26:45 pm »

...marine hardcore friends who would rather "rough it" with none of the conveniences this shows. lol

He is welcome to attend Porcfest while sleeping in a tree, in a bush, under a tree, from a tree, under a car, in a ditch or whatever. Some of them were pretty over the top so he might have a point though :) Still, it seemed pretty timely to post here with Porcfest and Burning Porcupine.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 06:43:33 am »

Well, I don't really consider it "camping" when you're doing all that stuff, so I can sympathize with his position.

But who's to say that "camping" is better than living in a canvas-walled hotel...?  They each have their place.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 10:47:43 am »

...marine hardcore friends who would rather "rough it" with none of the conveniences this shows. lol

He is welcome to attend Porcfest while sleeping in a tree, in a bush, under a tree, from a tree, under a car, in a ditch or whatever. Some of them were pretty over the top so he might have a point though :) Still, it seemed pretty timely to post here with Porcfest and Burning Porcupine.

Yeah, I basically told him as much. And I agree! I think some of these things are awesome! :) We (wife and I) plan on doing a couple of them going forward.
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 10:50:37 am »

Well, I don't really consider it "camping" when you're doing all that stuff, so I can sympathize with his position.

But who's to say that "camping" is better than living in a canvas-walled hotel...?  They each have their place.

There's camping and then there's camping, amirite?

Yeah, I was in the military so I get the idea behind the minimalist / hardcore camping. (Wilderness survival really)

The problem is most people aren't or weren't in the military and never had that kind of experience / tough going in their lives, so they don't care or want to do those things to be considered "hardcore" - they just want to camp and have a good time. Which is also okay, the purpose of "camping" at PorcFest and when most people do it for enjoyment is not to train for the SHTF / apocalyptic scenarios, it's just to have a good time. :) lol

freedomroad

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 11:06:04 am »

Which is also okay, the purpose of "camping" at PorcFest and when most people do it for enjoyment is not to train for the SHTF / apocalyptic scenarios, it's just to have a good time. :) lol

Maybe that's 1 of the purposes of the Bardo Farm Fest, though?

Activities included how to kill pig, how to cut pig, how to raise rabbit, how to kill rabbit, how to tan rabbit, how to feed farm animals, how to gather maple sap, how to make maple syrup, how to build a cabin, how to hook up solar panels, how to chop down a tree, self defense, shooting, 1st aid. Best of all, it rained most of the time so people got to learn how to live in the mud.

It's great that New Hampshire has so many awesome annual events!

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 01:10:23 pm »

Which is also okay, the purpose of "camping" at PorcFest and when most people do it for enjoyment is not to train for the SHTF / apocalyptic scenarios, it's just to have a good time. :) lol

Maybe that's 1 of the purposes of the Bardo Farm Fest, though?

Activities included how to kill pig, how to cut pig, how to raise rabbit, how to kill rabbit, how to tan rabbit, how to feed farm animals, how to gather maple sap, how to make maple syrup, how to build a cabin, how to hook up solar panels, how to chop down a tree, self defense, shooting, 1st aid. Best of all, it rained most of the time so people got to learn how to live in the mud.

It's great that New Hampshire has so many awesome annual events!

Yes! I love it. I'll have to go visit Bardo sometime, I need to learn how to do a lot of those things. :)

snowdog2012

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 12:46:07 am »

Great list, but #3 - "Glowing Mountain Dew" is an old hoax....  ;)

http://www.snopes.com/photos/food/mountaindew.asp

Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything