Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Becoming a NH Real Estate Salesperson  (Read 4473 times)

FreeHampshire

Becoming a NH Real Estate Salesperson
« on: June 11, 2013, 04:11:12 pm »

My boyfriend and I will be moving to NH in the next few months. He is lucky enough to already have job placement for when we move but I will be looking for something new. I plan to attend the Manchester Career Fair this week to start getting my information out to different businesses. I currently specialize in Operations/Logistics for a small business and will be submitting resumes showcasing that information.

But because I am starting from scratch I have also entertained the possibility of becoming a NH Real Estate Salesperson. I have read up on the school and licensing requirements but was hoping to get some real life opinion on the profession. We are moving to the Raymond/Deerfield/Candia/Nottingham/Fremont area (we haven't settled on an exact town yet).

Can anyone give me their personal pros and cons to being a Real Estate Salesperson in the area? I appreciate any advice.

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
Re: Becoming a NH Real Estate Salesperson
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 05:20:02 pm »

If he is willing to give away the secrets http://porcupinerealestate.com/

freedomroad

Re: Becoming a NH Real Estate Salesperson
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 06:18:48 pm »

That might be a pretty good idea, especially if you are a social butterfly. It takes several years to get established in the real estate industry and many of your sales will come from personal contacts. Since you will start with zero person contacts, you'll want to get out there get and yourself known for a few years. You will likely meet a lot of free staters but porcupinerealestate.com/ will likely have known those people for longer so many of them will be more likely to go with him, especially since he is so well known being a social butterfly and advertising heavily.

On the other hand, the FSP move will likely be triggered by 2015 or 2016 and then the signers will have 5 years to move to NH. The amount of movers should go way up when that happens. Many of those people will want houses to move to NH, or within 1-2 years after living in NH. At that point, you should know all of the secrets and the community will likely need you and other honest and knowledgeable real estate agents to help newer movers settle down.

As long as you can live with not making much money from real estate for the first couple years, your business will likely pick up, and your job might even be considered noble and it will be such a useful service to incoming movers. I'd say go for it, if you can.
Pages: [1]   Go Up