Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any psychotherapists in FSP? And other random questions...  (Read 3168 times)

wilderness lover

Any psychotherapists in FSP? And other random questions...
« on: June 07, 2013, 05:21:43 pm »

Hi,

I'm considering a move to NH from CA in 2014 and I was wondering if there any psychotherapists participating in the FSP who I might be able to get in touch with. I will be graduating from a mental health counseling program at the end of the year and I'm looking for information about post graduate supervision to get my mental health counselor license in NH. I will be in the area sometime in late August as well and would be interested in checking out any events that are going on where I could get a sense of the FSP community, or potentially meet up with you folks somehow.

Also, a few other random questions about life in NH...

Regarding the gun culture... Is there a lot of tactical firearms training in the state? Do trainers come through with classes very often? Are there IDPA matches or other events like that?

Also, is anyone connected to the bluegrass music scene in NH? Is there much bluegrass there? I'm a musician and would access to other people to play with. Thanks for any thoughts anyone has about any of this!

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
Re: Any psychotherapists in FSP? And other random questions...
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 07:35:22 pm »

Regarding the gun culture... Is there a lot of tactical firearms training in the state? Do trainers come through with classes very often?

We have Sig Academy, at SigArms.

Plenty of independent or NRA-affiliated instructors, as well.

And, of course, Massad Ayoob's Lethal Force Institute is headquartered in Concord.

"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

freedomroad

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 07:51:47 pm »

I'll I can speak to is the bluegrass. It seems popular in both western NH and in VT. I don't know about the rest of the state but my guess would be yes. You shouldn't have an issue with that.

wilderness lover

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 10:23:43 pm »

Thanks for your responses. That's good to hear. I didn't realize that Ayoob was based in Concord. Awesome!

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 10:35:31 pm »

While I'm not a specific fan of bluegrass, country music in general has long been popular in NH.  Back in the early 70s in my teens in Laconia (when I didn't like country music until I was turned on to John Hartford by a girlfriend), the local stations did about an equal mix of rock and country.  Recent years, when I've up in the state for Porcfest, country stations seem to predominate.  Unlike here in north Jersey, where's only one country station downshore that barely reaches the NYC metro area, and that's only the last couple years -- before that, there was fifteen years with no country music over the air near NYC -- just on satellite radio and cable.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)
Pages: [1]   Go Up