Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trustworthy Auto Mechanic in Manchester?  (Read 3080 times)

LiberatedFromCT

Trustworthy Auto Mechanic in Manchester?
« on: June 06, 2013, 05:25:05 pm »

I was just wondering if anyone in the Manchester area can recommend an ethical car mechanic shop for general work?  I'm always a bit sketchy about dealing with new auto places that I don't know and figured I'd just ask if someone has had any positive experiences with one in the area?

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
Re: Trustworthy Auto Mechanic in Manchester?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 05:40:59 pm »

Nope, but if you head up to Grafton, there's one I can recommend.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

anon37268573

• First1000
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 11:12:51 pm »

I was just wondering if anyone in the Manchester area can recommend an ethical car mechanic shop for general work?  I'm always a bit sketchy about dealing with new auto places that I don't know and figured I'd just ask if someone has had any positive experiences with one in the area?

It's a bit south of Manchester, but I go to Husson Auto in Salem, Nh: http://www.yelp.com/biz/husson-motors-auto-repair-salem

Jeff is one of the owners. He's almost always there behind the counter. I'm pretty knowledgeable and have done a lot of pretty advanced work on my cars/bikes myself over the years. But, I don't have access to a lift and don't have time to do much mechanical work myself anymore (unfortunately). So, I get someone else to do it. These guys (Ray is the other guy that works there) are super honest and great for inspections, too. I don't live in Salem anymore (I'm north of there, now). But, I still drive down to them for work on my car.

You can definitely trust these guys. And, if you tell them you don't have a lot of cash or don't want to spend a lot, they'll work with you.  I don't really know anyone in NH, yet.  So, when I get work done on my car I always wait in their office since I don't have a ride home/back. I've heard them talk to lots of other less knowledgeable customers. You can definitely trust them.

Pro tip: What ever you do, when you get a NH inspection, don't go to a new car dealer. Go to a local mechanic.  I made that mistake when I first moved here.

BTW, the NH gov't has a site where you can look up complaints against auto sales/service businesses. I checked these guys before I went to them.

LiberatedFromCT

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 08:24:07 am »

Thanks for the tip, yeah Salem isn't too far from me and is on my way to Boston anyway... Grafton is a bit of a stretch though.   :)

I appreciate the referral.
Pages: [1]   Go Up