Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noise at night?  (Read 6196 times)

theheat

Noise at night?
« on: June 04, 2013, 08:31:12 am »

Hello fellow Porcfesters.  This is my first year attending and I also happen to be 7 months pregnant.  I am a little worried about late night noise (saw last year's Etiquette Panel on youtube, although I didn't watch through the end) and am wondering if any previous Porfest attendees have any insight as to whether this is something that I should expect to have to cope with/accept.  I have a tent-site on the outer edge of the campground and am hoping that I'll be far enough from the epicenter of things that it won't be an issue.  Unless of course people are in the habit of late night partying in the tenting areas....Any thoughts on this are appreciated!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Noise at night?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 10:27:40 am »

If you're on the outer rim of the campground, you will likely be fine. People do visit at campsites until late in the night, but generally you should not expect to hear more than normal-volume voices even so. I'm sure the organizers will stress proper nighttime campsite etiquette again this year.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 10:17:34 pm »

Hello fellow Porcfesters.  This is my first year attending and I also happen to be 7 months pregnant.  I am a little worried about late night noise (saw last year's Etiquette Panel on youtube, although I didn't watch through the end) and am wondering if any previous Porfest attendees have any insight as to whether this is something that I should expect to have to cope with/accept.  I have a tent-site on the outer edge of the campground and am hoping that I'll be far enough from the epicenter of things that it won't be an issue.  Unless of course people are in the habit of late night partying in the tenting areas....Any thoughts on this are appreciated!

We were at 44 last year (edge of camping area) and noise was not a problem at all, most people are fairly good at keeping the party down where it supposed to be. You will probably hear music in the distance when there is a big party going on or a band playing but as the campground slopes up and there are plenty of trees acting as sound breaks it shouldn't be loud enough to be a problem.

If someone is disturbing you then you should ask them to keep it down, the campground does have a quiet rule and most libertarians are fairly courteous so if they are loud its likely they are just being oblivious rather then douche bags.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:20:48 pm by greap »

freedomroad

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 10:28:22 pm »

There is always the chance that a drunk person could be walking around and unintentially speaking with a loud volume. Otherwise, you will likely be OK in that position. If you have power at your site, you could bring a fan, just in case. Otherwise, you might want to bring ear plugs, just in case. Better safe than sorry.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 11:43:03 pm »

There is always the chance that a drunk person could be walking around and unintentially speaking with a loud volume.

My ears are burning.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

theheat

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 06:49:34 am »

Thanks for the feedback!  I def. plan on bringing earplugs.  Looking forward to this week!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything