Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What is the main reason preventing you from moving to NH immediately?

Can't afford the moving expenses.
- 3 (6.8%)
Can't afford first/last/security needed for a rental property.
- 1 (2.3%)
Can't afford a down payment on a home.
- 0 (0%)
Can't afford to take time off from current job to seek employment in NH.
- 1 (2.3%)
Can't find suitable employment in NH to meet my financial needs.
- 10 (22.7%)
Can't decide which area of NH I'd like to initially settle.
- 0 (0%)
A bit nervous or too risky to uproot to unknown territories.
- 1 (2.3%)
Haven't seen much progress coming from the FSP.
- 0 (0%)
Other.
- 28 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A poll for all those who have signed a Pledge to Move to New Hampshire -  (Read 13408 times)

Liberty Village Inc.

This poll is being conducted as research material for the Liberty Village Project - A cooperative community development initiative.

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com

Other: I already moved  :)
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

Liberty Village Inc.

lol....well, that's a given....are you one of the organizers of PorcFest? or just a frequent poster..

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

Wolvenhaven

Waiting to finish college before moving so I'm not set any further back than I already am(never switch majors between BS and BA, you'll lose half your credits).

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com

lol....well, that's a given....are you one of the organizers of PorcFest? or just a frequent poster..

I'm an organizer and a frequent poster  :)
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

TJames

I would still move but I am in a relationship with a guy in Massachusetts.

crossonscout

• FSP Participant

I would still move but I am in a relationship with a guy in Massachusetts.

That's preventing you from moving to NH?
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

Bob D.

Other.

Right now family matters are keeping me here, I was going to list the house, if it sold, I would store all of my contents and buy a place with the proceeds. My daughter threw a wrench into the works and decided she wanted to work in my business and maybe take it over. While this slowed my plans, I was thinking I could buy a house to vacation in NH, and eventually let her take the business and move when my present house sells. This plan might work better for every one?

TJames

My boyfriend bought a house in Massachusetts before we met and has a good business there. We would move to New Hampshire, but he is not ready to move. We are talking about it though. He thinks he may be ready in two years, but I think the local politics will be the sell. He is going to porcfest though.

jrandall

been here 5+yrs  :)

LiberatedFromCT

Other:  I escaped the crumbling state of Connecticut around 2 weeks ago, glad of it too.   ;D

judson

I'm an "other".  I have aging family members and deep ties to the land and community here.  Also my wife hates cold weather.  I did visit in March, though, and even with 3 feet of snow on the ground it was lovely.  Next time I'll go to Portsmouth.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime

Other.  I gave my girlfriend a year, plus it's taking time to get this 130-year-old house fit to sell.  Next Spring I'm up no matter what.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

jasonyoung02

Re: A poll for all those who have signed a Pledge to Move to New Hampshire -
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 08:59:09 pm »

I attended PorcFest last year and I am basically getting some life bucket lists things done before the move.  Right now I'm in the middle of spending a year living in Key West.  I'll be leaving here sometime next year.  I'm saving up to go visit the West Coast as well to see my BFF.  If all goes to plan, then I should be able to move to NH sometime next summer.  Preferably before PorcFest, but I'm not sure about the timing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up