Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few thoughts about timelines  (Read 7797 times)

EMOR

• I'm a llama!
Re:A few thoughts about timelines
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2003, 04:13:31 pm »

I think to say that Easterners are being asked to give up to much is very misleading. Are westerners not asked to give up there way of life just the same? Is the easterners lifestyle more important than the westerners?

WY>SD>AK>VT>ND>DE>MT>ID>NH>ME

lloydbob1

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2003, 04:56:41 pm »

In a matter of a few hours another practical thread ( what wonderfull things can we do when we get to the chosen State to get our ideas across and bring the improvement that we seek?) has become yet another fight about which state or region is superior!
Moderators, please start doing your jobs!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 07:01:01 pm by lloydbob1 »

wolverine307

• I could have swore I left my clue here somewhere
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2003, 04:59:54 pm »

I think to say that Easterners are being asked to give up to much is very misleading.

Where did you see that idea expressed in this thread?

Are westerners not asked to give up there way of life just the same? Is the easterners lifestyle more important than the westerners?

Isn't that what you're asking the Easteners to do too?

As someone who was stationed in Groton you should know that New England can be very rural.

What we need is for there to be a compromise candidate. Too bad we can't get the Upper Peninsula of MI to become the 51st state.
NH>DE>SD>ID>WY>VT>ME>AK>MT>ND

Your mileage may vary.

wolverine307

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2003, 05:19:14 pm »

In a matter of a few hours another practical thread ( what wonderfull things can we do when we get to the chosen State to get our ideas across and bring the improvement that we seek?) to yet another fight about which state or region is superior!
Moderators, please start doing your jobs!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am starting to see how easy it is to get caught up in these things, despite the intention to voice what they consider legitimate points for discussion, even when one's best intentions are to avoid them.

I apologize to the board for my contribution to any flame war. I promise to keep a better control of my keyboard in the future.

Your mileage may vary.

lloydbob1

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2003, 07:10:51 pm »

This morning I was reading reply #3 and thinking about responding with ideas about what we could do in the chosen state even if only 1% (200) of us performed some kind of action each day.
I took the day to give it some more thought and return this afternoon to see another one of these Damn East v. West, WY v. NH v. DE v. ID v. AK wars. There are plenty of threads doing that already. Hell, the thread titled: libertarian Synergy has been nothing but HIV-Aids for a week!
The moderators should change the tiltle if nothing else!

wolverine307

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2003, 07:25:15 pm »

One major thing that will be tough to overcome is that trying to organize libertarians is like trying to herd cats. We tend to be an independent lot and used to doing our own thing. Trying to get everybody to stop debating and implement a strategy will be difficult at best.

Your mileage may vary.

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2003, 07:44:12 pm »

One major thing that will be tough to overcome is that trying to organize libertarians is like trying to herd cats. We tend to be an independent lot and used to doing our own thing. Trying to get everybody to stop debating and implement a strategy will be difficult at best.
Didn't you see that commercial during the Superbowl for cat herding? <G>

lloydbob1

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2003, 08:51:31 pm »

David Friedman said that there may be two libertarians who agree on everything, but, he wasn't one of them!
Herding cats is probably accurate, but, as I said, we only need a small percentage of 20,000 to agree one a certain action and perform it.  Another small percentage agrees to another action and performs it.  Every day, some of us do something: a pamphleting, teach in, lobbying a representative, joining a charity event as a FSP group.  Keep the FSP in the media, in peoples minds, never missing an opportunity to get and keep our message ( or messages) in the mainstream.

Zxcv

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2003, 09:49:36 pm »

I just hope that it's ID for the other choices carry absolutely no interest for me.

ID seems to have something for everyone, doesn't it?   :)

Too bad it's so big <sigh>. But exitus is trying to convince me that doesn't matter so much.   :)

It sure would be the easiest state to sell to my wife, since we now live in Oregon.

Robert H.

• Jeffersonian
    • Devolution USA
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2003, 11:19:44 pm »

I just hope that it's ID for the other choices carry absolutely no interest for me.

ID seems to have something for everyone, doesn't it?   :)

Too bad it's so big <sigh>. But exitus is trying to convince me that doesn't matter so much.   :)

It sure would be the easiest state to sell to my wife, since we now live in Oregon.

I mentioned this somewhile back, but I believe either Idaho or Wyoming could work well for us when you consider that no matter which one wins, the other is right next door in case there are issues.

If Wyoming wins, and there are those who are unable to find jobs or otherwise get along there, they could fallback across the border to Idaho with its robust economy.  If Idaho proves to be too much "horse" for our activists, at least some of them could fallback to Wyoming where fewer may be needed for an impact on the system.

In either event, the Idaho/Wyoming combination protects the project and our members' investment in it.  It would certainly be better to fallback across one state border than across the entire country, should anyone need to do so.   :)

Cowpoke

• FSP Participant
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2003, 11:54:32 pm »

You make it sound like Wyoming is Siberia with no heaters. Harsh winters my behind.

Then answer this question; When I was stationed at the Sub Base in Groton, CT I saw no block heaters during my time in New England. When I traveled thru WY I saw them all over. Is having a block heater some kind of status symbol in WY?

Those block heaters wouldn't have been on pickup trucks would they?  If so they were diesels and they use block heaters all over the country, even in relatively temperate regions.  I just bought a Texas truck with one and pretty much everyone I know here in NC that has a diesel uses a block heater too.

Regards,
Jason (first time poster, longtime reader)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored - Aldous Huxley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

anything