Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arriving from Down Under...  (Read 1482 times)

Nap_Sauce

Arriving from Down Under...
« on: May 16, 2013, 12:18:21 pm »

Hello fellow adherents of the non-aggression principle,

Who am I?
  • I'm a mid to late twenties male that has been living in Sydney for almost a quarter century.
  • I adhere to the non-aggression principle.
  • I enjoy reading books, engaging in philosophical discussions, messing with the heads of statists - including Libertarians, having MY head messed with in turn, going on adventures (although perhaps it's been a while since I can say that I have).

What am I doing in NH?
  • First off, it will be Porcfest (9 days)
  • After that I've scheduled hopping around to various cities for some R & R with a friend I'm meeting after Porcfest. (2.5 weeks)
  • After all that, I would have another 8 weeks to extend my stay for what I'm allowed to without incurring aggressive coercion from individuals considered to be "US government" to be deported back to Aus.

Why am I posting on here?
The previous bullet point. Ideally, I would be involved in the anti-aggression movement somehow, however, I don't have the resources to fund my stay for these 8 weeks in a manner I would call feasible UNLESS I have some sort of cash flow or, at the very minimum, enough for a roof over my head, a mattress underneath me, and food inside me.

If anyone is keen to help in any which way possible, even if there are any tips you could give out, please post or PM if it's something a little more personal.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to it.

Yours faithfully,
Nap Sauce

PS If you come across a brown skinned, black haired guy at Porcfest with an Australian accent, it's probably me.

Edit:
My qualifications are a degree in Financial Maths and Statistics (which I've never used)
Experience managing a restaurant (which, although I learnt a lot about the market from, is not my passion)

Ideally I would be working in something that's related to the Liberty movement.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 01:01:46 pm by Nap_Sauce »

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
Re: Arriving from Down Under...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 01:43:59 pm »

First off, it will be Porcfest (9 days)

There are a few of us who moved from somewhere far away and a bunch more who visit every year (including an Aussie), there is an international meetup happening at PF http://porcfest.sched.org/event/089684c320a47c20c3698cbae674a48e

The previous bullet point. Ideally, I would be involved in the anti-aggression movement somehow, however, I don't have the resources to fund my stay for these 8 weeks in a manner I would call feasible UNLESS I have some sort of cash flow or, at the very minimum, enough for a roof over my head, a mattress underneath me, and food inside me.

http://bardoproject.com/ might be worth a poke if you are happy with farm work. Another alternative would be to sell something at Porcfest to fund your travels for the rest of your journey. If you can cook setup a food stand on your campsite, if you can make something then teach other people to make it for a fee etc.

If all else fails https://www.couchsurfing.org/ is also an option for lodging.

time4liberty

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 04:03:13 pm »

Hello fellow adherents of the non-aggression principle,

Hello, welcome! :)

Who am I?
  • I'm a mid to late twenties male that has been living in Sydney for almost a quarter century.
  • I adhere to the non-aggression principle.
  • I enjoy reading books, engaging in philosophical discussions, messing with the heads of statists - including Libertarians, having MY head messed with in turn, going on adventures (although perhaps it's been a while since I can say that I have).

Cool.

What am I doing in NH?
  • First off, it will be Porcfest (9 days)
  • After that I've scheduled hopping around to various cities for some R & R with a friend I'm meeting after Porcfest. (2.5 weeks)

Sounds awesome.

• After all that, I would have another 8 weeks to extend my stay for what I'm allowed to without incurring aggressive coercion from individuals considered to be "US government" to be deported back to Aus.

Boo, hiss.

Why am I posting on here?

If anyone is keen to help in any which way possible, even if there are any tips you could give out, please post or PM if it's something a little more personal.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to it.

Yours faithfully,
Nap Sauce

PS If you come across a brown skinned, black haired guy at Porcfest with an Australian accent, it's probably me.

Edit:
My qualifications are a degree in Financial Maths and Statistics (which I've never used)
Experience managing a restaurant (which, although I learnt a lot about the market from, is not my passion)

Ideally I would be working in something that's related to the Liberty movement.

I suspect it would be very easy for you to get a job in the NH market. Unfortunately, the aforementioned goons from the government would probably have something to say about that too. I don't know much about anything in the way of an underground job market.

Nap_Sauce

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 05:55:10 am »

Thanks for the info guys.

I think Porcfest will be my best bet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up