Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about Camping  (Read 5168 times)

AnnaBeryl

Questions about Camping
« on: May 02, 2013, 12:35:13 pm »

Hello,
I was hoping that someone would be able to answer a few questions about camping at the festival.
1.  Does each campsite have a fire pit and if so does someone sell wood? How much is a bundle?
2.  How much is a bag of ice?
3.  Does each site have grill?
4.  What kind of weather should we expect?  Rain, Temps, hot or cold ect...
5.  Best place to buy food before we get to campground.

We are traveling from Tennessee, and have never been this far north.  Plus we are trying to budget correctly.
Any information and advice is appreciated.

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000
Re: Questions about Camping
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 04:23:32 pm »

Yes, pretty much every campsite has metal a fire ring, which you are not allowed to move.  Not every campsite has a grill.
The campground store sells firewood, and you will see it offered for sale on the roadside in the area. 

Yes, you should expect sun, rain, heat and cold.  This is the mountains of northern New Hampshire.

There are a couple of supermarkets in Lancaster just a few miles from Rogers.

Hopefully someone from Lancaster will chime in with details.

Most important thing to remember is to BRAKE FOR MOOSE.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 04:53:00 pm »

Hello,
I was hoping that someone would be able to answer a few questions about camping at the festival.
1.  Does each campsite have a fire pit and if so does someone sell wood? How much is a bundle?
Pretty much all of the sites have fire rings.  The store at the campground sells both wood and ice, there are better deals at the stores in town, also the hours are better.  You'll find signs offering firewood for sale by a lot of local residents
2.  How much is a bag of ice?
Don't recall.  Not outrageous.
3.  Does each site have grill?
Not that I recall.  I tend to bring my own propane unit.
4.  What kind of weather should we expect?  Rain, Temps, hot or cold ect...
Anything is possible.  There has been some rain during every Porcfest week, has varied from just a little to quite a bit.  We're in the White Mountains, it can get rather cold at night even in June.
5.  Best place to buy food before we get to campground.
I've had good luck with the Shaw's supermarket in Lancaster.  There's another Shaw's and a Walmart less than 20 miles off in Littleton.  Littleton is also famous for the longest candy counter in the world in Chutters.
We are traveling from Tennessee, and have never been this far north.  Plus we are trying to budget correctly.
Any information and advice is appreciated.

In general, you'll find that northern New Hampshire has a lot in common with eastern Tennessee with the heat turned down about 15 degrees or so.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

AnnaBeryl

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 06:35:30 pm »

Thank you for the advice.  Looking forward to meeting all you folks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up