Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coins / Bullion Tax?  (Read 4581 times)

LiberatedFromCT

Coins / Bullion Tax?
« on: May 02, 2013, 05:41:34 pm »

I was curious as to whether there is a sales tax on coins / bullion in NH?  I read conflicting info online so I thought I would just ask.  Also, are there any local dealers that are recommended with decent spreads over spot?

freedomroad

Re: Coins / Bullion Tax?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 06:10:52 pm »

I was curious as to whether there is a sales tax on coins / bullion in NH?  I read conflicting info online so I thought I would just ask.  Also, are there any local dealers that are recommended with decent spreads over spot?
No general sales tax in NH. There isn't a capital gains tax in NH, either. Here is the story about AZ being the 3rd state to allow gold and silver to be used as currency, even though the author of the story left out NH for some reason. http://www.wealthwire.com/news/metals/4773

Remember, there is no general sales tax in NH. There is a 9% tax on auto rentals, hotel/motel/ and short-term home/cabin rentals and prepared food. Though, at Dunkin Donuts, the prepared meals tax isn't charged if you get 12 or more donuts. Also, the prepared meals tax isn't applied if you buy your prepared meal from the government, as such as the mental health hospital in Concord, NH. It also isn't applied at farmer's markets or home food stands.

LiberatedFromCT

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 07:14:24 pm »

Thank you for this information, that's awesome.   ;D

If I buy Silver Eagles here it's like $30 something on average with a stupid near $3 tax for a whopping $9 over spot (assuming $24 spot) all-in.

Guess I'm due for some shopping.   :)

Who's the most reasonable coin dealer in Manchester, anyone know?

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:07:21 am »

Thank you for this information, that's awesome.   ;D

If I buy Silver Eagles here it's like $30 something on average with a stupid near $3 tax for a whopping $9 over spot (assuming $24 spot) all-in.

Guess I'm due for some shopping.   :)

There's Amagi metals (http://www.amagimetals.com/) , I believe is good (from what I hear) though they're an online store but I hear a lot of free staters talk about them and I believe the owner is a free stater? Not entirely sure... there's also Liberty Mall (https://www.facebook.com/TheLibertyMall) which is run by free staters though it's up in Laconia, NH. (little bit of a drive from Manch)

I'm not too sure of other dealers in and around Manchester specifically.

I know there are a lot of businesses (especially at PorcFest) and local NH residents / porcupines (free stater term for those in NH) / free staters who use and deal with FSP participant owned Shire Silver. (https://shiresilver.com/)
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

LiberatedFromCT

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 12:33:14 am »

Oh wow, that's just awesome info!

I loveeee Amagi's selection.... LOL @ 2nd amendment and John Galt silver rounds... YES!  Prices aren't too far off from Provident / Kitco too.

I also found the Liberty Mall just amazing from the pics... might reach out to them, clearly a must visit place.  :)

Appreciate the links!  Can't wait to move, the bastards in CT and NY with their taxes make purchasing retail bullion just ridiculous (and everything else too).

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 01:04:03 am »

Oh wow, that's just awesome info!

I loveeee Amagi's selection.... LOL @ 2nd amendment and John Galt silver rounds... YES!  Prices aren't too far off from Provident / Kitco too.

I also found the Liberty Mall just amazing from the pics... might reach out to them, clearly a must visit place.  :)

Appreciate the links!  Can't wait to move, the bastards in CT and NY with their taxes make purchasing retail bullion just ridiculous (and everything else too).

No problem. :) Maybe we can make a trip up to LM together sometime. I've never been in there, driven past though. I know Dave from there - he's a really cool and honest dude. I'll be doing some purchases / business there myself in the future. :-)

"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

Auspicious Aspect

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 02:49:12 am »

Bob's Coins is a small shop on Kelley St. that has been around a long time and has a good reputation. Fair pricing for both buying and selling. Walking distance to many porcs.

freedomroad

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 12:00:30 pm »

The governor of AZ vetoed the bill so gold and silver might only be allowed to be used as currency in UT and good old New Hampshire.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:03:09 pm by 1DayAtATime »

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 01:36:14 pm »

The governor of AZ vetoed the bill so gold and silver might only be allowed to be used as currency in UT and good old New Hampshire.

Good stuff, better for us for recruitment purposes. ;-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up