Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Senator Kelly Ayotte - Gun Control  (Read 2931 times)

Erik The Red

Senator Kelly Ayotte - Gun Control
« on: April 14, 2013, 02:43:25 am »

Hi,  I am a mew member and not yet affiliated with  the FSP. However, I feel that I must bring this up and post my response to the actions of one of NH's own legislators. The following is the letter that I sent to Mrs. Ayotte regarding her recent vote to allow the debate of Universal Background Checks for all firearms sales in the US.

Please note tat this vote of Ms. Ayotte was against the party line vote and helped defeat the filibuster.

Dear madam,

In June of 2013  I will be a constituent of yours. Considering the documentation that I reviewed regarding your 2nd amendment stance for election purposes, I am appalled that you have sided with big government on the issue of gun control. I have reviewed documents from your senatorial campaign stating unequivocally that you would support gun rights in New Hampshire. I applaud your position, but deplore your actions in this most recent debate of universal background checks.

I hope that you come to your senses soon and vote in favor of liberty and freedom. Otherwise, I will be forced to vote against you in the next election cycle, in favor of a candidate who takes our 2nd amendment rights seriously.

Sincerely,

Erik Meyer
Near Future Resident of NH

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
Re: Senator Kelly Ayotte - Gun Control
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 07:57:56 am »

Yep that's why we need to get to the 20k participant mark so we can trigger the move.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 02:53:43 pm by Bazil »
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

freedomroad

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 11:49:35 am »

Thankfully, she voted the right way. The Democratic Senator voted to correct way on just 1 of the amendments, IMO, the privacy amendment.

BTW, Brazil, the FSP has Participants and there are also friends of the FSP. Officially, the FSP doesn't refer to participants as members due to the nature of the FSP.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:47:37 pm by 1DayAtATime »

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 02:53:27 pm »

Thankfully, she voted the right way. The Democratic Senator voted to correct way on just 1 of the amendments, IMO, the privacy amendment.

BTW, Brazil, the FSP has Participants and there are also friends of the FSP. Officially, the FSP doesn't refer to participants as members due to the nature of the FSP.

Thanks for the correction, fixed
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 08:47:57 pm by 1DayAtATime »
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend
Pages: [1]   Go Up