Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Future Career  (Read 2136 times)

NicholasJamesEvans

Future Career
« on: February 18, 2013, 11:39:23 pm »

Hello everyone, I would love to move with you guys to the free state state! I wont be 18 for another four months though, and I will be attending my local community college for a couple years. I am currently a teacher assistant at a private weekday school.

Now I know I am very young and have a lot of time to change my mind about my future, but I do want to be a teacher for I believe that education is liberation. My problem with our education system is that it is run by bureaucrats and funded by the taxpayer.

I personally would not be happy with myself if I was taking taxpayer money to indoctrinate the youth. I want to actually benefit students and do it at a privatized school.

I saw something on this website that NH wasn't public school crazy like the rest of the nation, so my question is are there many options for the kind of schooling in NH that I described?

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
Re: Future Career
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 11:55:10 pm »

I saw something on this website that NH wasn't public school crazy like the rest of the nation, so my question is are there many options for the kind of schooling in NH that I described?

My wife is just finishing up an MA in Elementary Education at a NH university, she has no plans to teach in public school and already has a job lined up for the fall.

Also don't rule out charter schools from your investigations.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
Re: Future Career
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 03:48:47 pm »

The bureaucrats in NH tend to be an elected board and the municipal voters (cities are a little different).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything