Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why New Hampsire?  (Read 5504 times)

dpcjsr

• I'm a llama!
Re: Why New Hampsire?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 09:57:01 am »

i had wanted to move to NH but, now in retirement, have moved out of the country to Thailand.

my issue was watching the ineffectiveness of the FSP in national elections. similar non-results occur in local elections, too.

FSP is a wonderful idea but unfortunately not well realized.

to escape the oppressiveness of government everywhere in the US i had to leave the US. i would have preferred to stay if FSP were more successful in promoting less government in NH. at this point in time big government still flourishes in NH.

my best wishes. i will continue to watch from afar and hope for more.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 10:17:29 am »

my issue was watching the ineffectiveness of the FSP in national elections. similar non-results occur in local elections, too.

to escape the oppressiveness of government everywhere in the US i had to leave the US. i would have preferred to stay if FSP were more successful in promoting less government in NH. at this point in time big government still flourishes in NH.

The FSP hasn't even started, yet.  A couple thousand of us have moved early for the heck of it, and have had a major effect.  Imagine what will happen when the move actually starts.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 01:05:48 pm »

i had wanted to move to NH but, now in retirement, have moved out of the country to Thailand.

That would be the place where you can go to prison for many years for insulting the king, right? Sounds very free.  ::)
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

freedomroad

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 01:35:50 pm »

I understand your frustration with local elections. IMO, your frustration with national elections is misplaced. The US government, like all governments on Earth, tends to get worse as time passes. No one has thought of a decent plan in any country to fix that. As for NH results, as MaineShark pointed out, the move hasn't even been triggered yet. That said, partly because of free staters, the NH state budget was recently cut by over 10%, more than any state budget has been cut in the US since the WWII era. A few years after the move is triggered, expect much better results. That said, elections are still much more successful in NH than in other states.

Compare the 2012 results in NH to other states. There is no contest. http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=26027.0
Check out some of the local results just this year in NH. http://nhfreedom.wordpress.com/2013/02/12/have-keene-free-staters-finally-started-to-free-keene/

True. There aren't 20,000 signers yet so the move isn't triggered. You could almost say it hasn't even started yet.

I agree that big government still flourishes in NH. However, it's important to realize that NH is perhaps the least oppressive state in the US. Also keep in mind that Grafton, NH is perhaps the least oppressive town in the developed world. There is some freedom at the place you moved to. However, there is much more freedom in NH, especially the free parts of NH (like Grafton).

my best wishes. i will continue to watch from afar and hope for more.
Thanks. My guess is that you will continue to see NH become more and more free than where you currently live. You are welcome to move to NH, if you change you mind :)

TJames

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 03:11:28 am »

You must be working on the local memeplex. It may take years to even help someone change their mind and thus their vote. The nonvoter as well is a target because everyone is part of the memeplex.

I don't think elections matter at all. How much freedom you have and how much is law are different things.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 07:11:35 pm »

Last I checked, the FSP has no interest in national elections.  Some individual members get involved at that level.  The FSP is about moving liberty-minded folks to New Hampshire.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 06:44:52 pm »

If these guys can't convince you they tell the feds you moved to NH and instead build the red utopia in Idaho.:-)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up