Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Porcfest 2013 Campsite Registration Officially Open  (Read 22738 times)

TheMagicBullet

Porcfest 2013 Campsite Registration Officially Open
« on: February 04, 2013, 07:35:56 pm »

From the FSP and Porcfest Facebook pages:

"Roger's campsite registration is now open! Campsite registrations are being handled directly by Roger's Campground, http://www.rogerscampground.com/

Please note: Festival registration (admission to Porcfest itself) is handled separately and will not be open for about another week. Agora Valley reservations are not open yet either. Please stay tuned for more details."

Also:

"For hotel rooms in addition to Roger's:

- Cabot Inn & Suites, 200 Portland St, Lancaster, NH (0.4 miles away)
- Lancaster Motor Inn, 112 Main St, Lancaster, NH (2 miles away)
- Coös Motor Inn, 209 Main St, Lancaster, NH (2.5 miles away)

Of these three, I believe Lancaster Motor Inn is the least expensive. Cabot Inn has some double suites which could be shared between up to 4 couples, I believe. All three have free Wi-Fi for guests (if memory serves)."

If anyone has questions or needs advice, I'll be glad to answer!

KBCraig

• FSP Participant

TheMagicBullet

Re: Porcfest 2013 Campsite Registration Officially Open
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 06:43:35 pm »

Porcfest registration now open! At http://porcfest.com/. Have to say the website looks pretty nice, and having some history and a loose schedule already set up is awesome.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:36:10 am by 1DayAtATime »

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 11:10:35 am »

The PF site mentions the Mountain View, and rightly notes that it is a luxury hotel at luxury prices.

Less than a mile away on the same road, the Spalding Inn is not quite as expensive:  http://www.thespaldinginn.com/

Sam Adams

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 02:01:10 pm »

Porcfest registration now open! At http://porcfest.com/. Have to say the website looks pretty nice, and having some history and a loose schedule already set up is awesome.

Think they will have available sites for a CT farmer and his college age daughters? They may want to bring their 4*4 Quads and fishing gear.

TheMagicBullet

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 05:19:53 pm »

Why wouldn't they? There's double sites, RV sites, and so on...the question is whether you have the means to reserve them in time, which you would have to talk to Rogers about.

MengerFan

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 06:30:32 pm »

Think they will have available sites for a CT farmer and his college age daughters? They may want to bring their 4*4 Quads and fishing gear.

I take "4x4 quad" to refer to a vehicle of some kind. If so, you'll need to check with the campground before bringing them. There are all kinds of weird laws that seek to punish for operating a non-street vehicle at a campground. Yes, I was shocked to hear it as well.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 05:17:53 pm »

Nope. No specific laws - just the campground rules.

TheMagicBullet

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 06:13:55 pm »

Oh I see. Well, the official rules on Roger's site  say this "No roller-skates, roller blades, skateboards, scooters, mini bikes or terrain vehicles are to be used on the premises."

However, a lot of the rules I see on there definitely don't get enforced during Porcfest. There's usually golf carts going around for errands, bikes, and I would bet someone's used rollerblades before. If you have your heart set on it, I would call them up and ask to talk to the manager, or better yet send a message to the porcfest organizers and see if they'd be able to negotiate something for you.

freedomroad

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 08:07:47 pm »

Yeah. I've seen people use skateboards and segways before. People even use cardboard to slide down the hill. It's a really great place. Go Porcfest!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:09:52 pm by 1DayAtATime »

PAPAGRIZZLY

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 03:42:27 pm »

You have listed the dates of the REGISTRATION. What's the date of the FESTIVAL?

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 05:17:44 pm »

You have listed the dates of the REGISTRATION. What's the date of the FESTIVAL?

The date of the festival is on the website - June 17th through 23rd.
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

LiberatedFromCT

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 07:19:26 pm »

I might only be able to make it on Saturday as I'm starting a new job - since I won't be going for the full week, is it possible to pay at the door for a day as I won't know if I have to work on that Saturday until it is that day itself?  I didn't see anything on the site besides the full week registration.

I'd probably just be up for the day only and drive back in the late night if I did go, but I figure it's better than not going at all. 

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 09:41:38 pm »

There will be day passes.
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

LiberatedFromCT

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 10:26:12 pm »

Perfect, will make it if possible.  :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

anything