Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Homeschool Co op?  (Read 17837 times)

TheHirzelFamily

Homeschool Co op?
« on: January 28, 2013, 11:44:06 am »

I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed, as I am a new member and haven't found this exact topic on the forum.  I have a young daughter that I was planning on homeschooling once she is ready.  My question is, is there some sort of group/community homeschooling system already in existence?  If not, I think it is a great idea.  I am personally very fond of teaching and I also highly value the family and communal units.

TJames

Re: Homeschool Co op?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 02:50:44 am »

I think I've suggested that. I have no children but I was homeschooled the wrong way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3IkMFeE0nE

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 10:18:52 pm »

I wonder if we could get something going where we simply rent space at churches and what not in order to get school space.  I've been looking into alternatives to traditional public/private schooling for our area.  The problem on the southern seacoast is that there aren't a lot of parents with either financial nor academic means themselves.

The area is losing its scholarly culture.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

doobie

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 01:15:16 pm »

I've been told of a home school co-op in Auburn or somewhere.....there were something on the order of 300 kids in it....didn't do any further research into it....

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 08:21:14 pm »

It would be cool to know how that's going.  We're looking for alternatives to public schools out in Seabrook.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Jacobus

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 12:43:49 pm »

We use Relaxed Homeschoolers of NH as our primary networking tool and attend a co-op.  Its invite-only but PM me if you are home-schooling in NH and interested.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 10:38:29 pm »

Some other folks around here are looking into homeschool co-ops and alternatives to the public schools.  How's the experience with them so far?
Pages: [1]   Go Up