Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: NY Family Moving ASAP  (Read 11651 times)

TheMagicBullet

Re: NY Family Moving ASAP
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2013, 05:25:10 pm »

That is awesome news!! I believe I know your future roommates...they are pretty cool people.:)

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2013, 11:00:32 pm »

An enterprising individual could do long-term weapons storage for people from NY/CT.  $$$$
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 08:23:25 am »

An enterprising individual could do long-term weapons storage for people from NY/CT.  $$$$

Yeah, I already reached out to some regarding this.... I'm currently in CT for another couple months and they're ready to take our guns away here. Hopefully nothing serious passes legislation before I'm in my UHaul hauling my @ss up to NH! ;-)
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

kenlee101st

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 02:32:30 pm »

Before you leave NY or CT, I urge you all to write to your local representatives, governors, senators and explain clearly in a calm manner exactly why you are leaving.  Tell them you are doing this and taking your tax dollars with you.  I plan on doing this to let them know they are punished for it.  If we can get enough people to do it, it will send a clear message.

rook

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 03:08:44 pm »

The groundwork is laid, thanks to Graham, his roommates, and all of the other very kind and  helpful people I met along the way.  I have a NH residence and driver's license, and both of our vehicles are registered.  All of this "official business" took me less than 2 hours, including driving!  This would have been a full day commitment in Rochester NY.

Continuing my job search...

That is awesome to hear Arron. I can't wait to see what is in store for our family as we get ready to move.

Rook

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 08:31:11 pm »

Before you leave NY or CT, I urge you all to write to your local representatives, governors, senators and explain clearly in a calm manner exactly why you are leaving.  Tell them you are doing this and taking your tax dollars with you.  I plan on doing this to let them know they are punished for it.  If we can get enough people to do it, it will send a clear message.

Oh, good idea!
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

pittsfieldmom

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 10:02:47 am »

Best of luck with your move and relocation.  Let us know when the big move happens so we can say hi and help you unload the truck.  Our family moved 3 years ago with teenagers and we all love it up here.

Aaron Roberts

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 06:12:02 pm »

Very good idea!  Maybe "voting with your feet" would work better if this happened more!

porcupinerealtor

• Mark Warden Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 03:56:05 pm »

Welcome home!
Mark Warden
cell 603.391.2888
mark@porcupinerealestate.com
porcupinerealestate.com
facebook.com/porcupinerealestate
twitter.com/porcupinerealty

freedomroad

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2013, 01:57:48 am »

And if he writes to his newspaper, it might spread the word about bad things happening in NY and about the FSP to 100s or even 1000s of people. That's free advertising right there :)

punk80

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 12:09:01 am »

Well played on your recent move. I am seriously looking to move in the next few months, six at the most, to N.H. This is only my third post so I am as of tonight getting back heavily involved with the FSP. I currently reside in North Carolina. The laws here are becoming quite draconian. The new taxes alone are destroying many good working class people n this area. Also, the new governor elect, Pat McCrory, is about as close to a corporate shill as one can get. Our state legislature is just as far gone. My wife and I recently lost our rental home, which we could have later purchased for song, due to imminent domain. The state wants to build a road that no one will actually use. The reality is that our home, plus many others in this once sleepy rural road, are being bought out by developers that are in with the local "power" base. Agenda 21 is well under way here.

I may soon simply take my cash balance pension and pay the penalties, sell most of my wife and I's stuff, and go. I figure the company I currently work for, will probably steal my money soon anyway. I really admire the thinking and pre-planning that you utilized in facilitating your eventual move. I will steal your method. It's time to make the move soon.

Good luck to you.

Aaron Roberts

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 08:15:07 pm »

A quick update...

Thanks to the help and connections of one of my roommates, I've landed and started a very good job in Manchester.

We are planning to move the rest of the family to NH after school lets out for the year, but for now I'm shooting back to Rochester NY Friday afternoons and returning Sunday afternoons.

Moving along the planned path... It's good to be free(er)!

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 02:32:28 am »

Good to hear. :-)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 10:55:55 am »

That's fantastic!
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2013, 05:29:44 pm »

:D :D :D ;D
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

anything