Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How easy is it to find a job  (Read 1567 times)

Tu ne Cede Malis

How easy is it to find a job
« on: January 13, 2013, 03:24:41 pm »

I'm American, but have lived most of my life in Canada. I'm having many issues with my immigration and so it might be time for me to move to the US. I'm a libertarian and so would love to move to NH to be surrounded with more like minded people. I have been trying to find a job for a few months as an accountant with few bites. If I just picked up and moved anyway how hard would it be to find a job in any field? What would the best city to move to for that?

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
Re: How easy is it to find a job
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 03:36:31 pm »

If you define "a job" as an employer where you go work 40 hours a week and are paid commensurate with your talent and education, it might take you a while.

If you want paying work, you can find it in a day, almost anywhere in the state.

Unemployment in NH is low. Anyone who wants legal, paying work, can find it.

Tu ne Cede Malis

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 04:09:44 pm »

Yeah what's the minimum wage for a job I could find on the first day of looking? 10-12$ an hour 40 hours a week? I was looking at Nashua at a place to move to.

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 01:59:22 pm »

Yeah what's the minimum wage for a job I could find on the first day of looking? 10-12$ an hour 40 hours a week? I was looking at Nashua at a place to move to.

$11 an hour 40 hours a week isn't a problem. If you work in the accounting field i'm sure you have some qualifications you could leverage in to a better position though, $11/hr is not much to live on. If you have any questions about Nashua our local group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/NashuaLibertySocial/ and http;//www.freenashua.org has some useful bits and pieces about the area too.