Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Decent looking women in New Hampshire?  (Read 13690 times)

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
Re: Decent looking women in New Hampshire?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 02:03:20 pm »

Smile, you're on Progressive Camera!
http://miscellanyblue.com/post/40344126011

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 03:54:19 pm »

In defense of the shallow, I would like to point out that we are moving with the prospect in mind of building a permanent life in the Free State. Lifetime companionship is part of that life, and really can be a deal-breaker for some people.

Anyone who leads off by asking if there are any "Decent looking women in New Hampshire?" probably thinks "companionship" starts with a big stack of ones and a cover charge for the overpriced mixers.

Just look at the question: who could possibly think that the genetic makeup of NH produces women who are significantly physically different from elsewhere in America? That's indicative of someone who doesn't know much about people at all, let alone women.

I'm not even talking about the shallowness of having physical attractiveness as your major criterion for dating. I'm talking about what kind of goofball knows so little about the human race that he thinks New Hampshire has a special sub-species.

TheMagicBullet

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 05:29:49 pm »

Am I the first female to comment on this? Ok, first of all, there are women in NH and there's a decent amount of libertarian ones too. Most of us are not lesbians! If anything you'll probably find a good cross-section that are bi, but then mostly straight, kind of like how the general population is. Yes, a lot of us are already married/dating someone/whatever...on the other hand, I've also never met such a huge poly community...but if you're the settle-down-and-have-kids type, possibly that doesn't interest you. Either way, people are getting laid up here which is probably your more immediate concern.

As for the rest of it, the best advice I can give you is what I give to all guys who ask these kinds of questions. Don't focus on women. Really. Focus on yourself first, and let the women come to you. Do you have good hygiene, decently-paying skills? Can you cook a decent meal, change your oil, and generally take care of yourself? Are you in shape at all, do you have a set of hobbies you enjoy, do you have motivation and passion for certain things, can you talk without boring the crap out of someone? Do you have some sort of functioning empathy/sympathy skills? If any of these aren't true about yourself, FIX THAT FIRST. You can absolutely get a woman here, but it's a free market that is somewhat skewed in women's favor...so be ready to compete. I wasn't single when I met my now boyfriend, a lot of women aren't single here either, but if you're on top of your shit then who's to say they won't want to jump ship? Sounds bad but it's the honest truth.   

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 05:46:41 pm »

...I've also never met such a huge poly community...but if you're the settle-down-and-have-kids type, possibly that doesn't interest you.

<--- poly, has three kids, lives a very "settled" life.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

escapist_reborn

• Liberating the world one graphic at a time!
    • Graphical Liberation Front
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 06:00:24 pm »

Am I the first female to comment on this? Ok, first of all, there are women in NH and there's a decent amount of libertarian ones too. Most of us are not lesbians! If anything you'll probably find a good cross-section that are bi, but then mostly straight, kind of like how the general population is. Yes, a lot of us are already married/dating someone/whatever...on the other hand, I've also never met such a huge poly community...but if you're the settle-down-and-have-kids type, possibly that doesn't interest you. Either way, people are getting laid up here which is probably your more immediate concern.

As for the rest of it, the best advice I can give you is what I give to all guys who ask these kinds of questions. Don't focus on women. Really. Focus on yourself first, and let the women come to you. Do you have good hygiene, decently-paying skills? Can you cook a decent meal, change your oil, and generally take care of yourself? Are you in shape at all, do you have a set of hobbies you enjoy, do you have motivation and passion for certain things, can you talk without boring the crap out of someone? Do you have some sort of functioning empathy/sympathy skills? If any of these aren't true about yourself, FIX THAT FIRST. You can absolutely get a woman here, but it's a free market that is somewhat skewed in women's favor...so be ready to compete. I wasn't single when I met my now boyfriend, a lot of women aren't single here either, but if you're on top of your shit then who's to say they won't want to jump ship? Sounds bad but it's the honest truth.   

Thanks for weighing in with such objectivity, instead of all this "pervert shaming" the poor OP has had to endure.

Here I go playing devil's advocate again, but I'm guessing the primary concern wasn't so much "is there copulation to be had." It's probably more of a real concern voiced by many (most notably by Julie Borowski) that libertarianism is a boy's club, and wanting to be able to start a life, and not just a bunch of nerds playing out secession fantasies. Of course, it could just be every low, chauvinistic impulse derided by so many, but I try to see the bright side of humanity.  :)
Joël Valenzuela<br />Chief Contrabandist, Graphical Liberation Front

TheMagicBullet

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 07:10:03 pm »

"poly, has three kids, lives a very "settled" life."

Hence why I qualified with "possibly"!! I'm well aware there's settled poly families. I just don't seem to run into them very often at all, so maybe my perception is skewed. In either case, usually when someone leads with their main interest being settling down, it's probably a fair bet that they're not interested in multiple relationships generally.

"Thanks for weighing in with such objectivity, instead of all this "pervert shaming" the poor OP has had to endure."

In my experience the biggest complainers about the "lack of women" tend to be the guys who do not have the aforementioned priorities in order. (IE they don't care about their appearance, are kinda jerks, don't have much life skills or social skills, or some combination). Better to focus on what they should actually be doing with themselves than what they shouldn't be doing. 

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 07:31:28 pm »

"poly, has three kids, lives a very "settled" life."

Hence why I qualified with "possibly"!! I'm well aware there's settled poly families. I just don't seem to run into them very often at all, so maybe my perception is skewed. In either case, usually when someone leads with their main interest being settling down, it's probably a fair bet that they're not interested in multiple relationships generally.

Eh, it depends upon the individual.  "Settle down and have kids" has been my primary goal in life for as long as I can recall, and I've been poly for a similar length of time.  I just happen to want a larger family in which to settle down - I find that having more relationships means more stability, rather than having everything depend upon one other individual. :) To me, it's a much more settled way to live, because of that.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

daninreallife1980

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 01:14:04 am »

Ouch!  I didnt expect all the political correctness.  I thought it was a fair question that most men think about.  I agree that looks arent everything, but they are a very important component not to be overlooked.  And I have found that different parts of the country tend to attract more or less attractive women.  Many women judge men by the size of their paycheck, which is a reality not to be ignored.  I appreciate the benefit of the doubt by some posters, but I didnt expect the overly harsh and judgmental tone.  What if the FSP was located on an island and there were no women, do you think it would have much success?  I wasn't stereotyping just speaking from my experience.  I am just a simple person, not some womanizer.  I married the first person I fell in love with and sadly I ended it 6 years later.   She was beautiful, intelligent, funny, but she was way too controlling.  I kind of expected that libertarian women would be less interested in dominating a man and more interested in a mutually beneficial relationship.  I have just havent met any available libertarian girls, so I am starting to wonder if they exist in any significant amount.  The only girls that I would even consider close to being libertarian are my lesbian friends.  And they are actually more on the conservative side.

escapist_reborn

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 02:06:21 am »

Ouch!  I didnt expect all the political correctness.  I thought it was a fair question that most men think about.  I agree that looks arent everything, but they are a very important component not to be overlooked.  And I have found that different parts of the country tend to attract more or less attractive women.  Many women judge men by the size of their paycheck, which is a reality not to be ignored.  I appreciate the benefit of the doubt by some posters, but I didnt expect the overly harsh and judgmental tone.  What if the FSP was located on an island and there were no women, do you think it would have much success?  I wasn't stereotyping just speaking from my experience.  I am just a simple person, not some womanizer.  I married the first person I fell in love with and sadly I ended it 6 years later.   She was beautiful, intelligent, funny, but she was way too controlling.  I kind of expected that libertarian women would be less interested in dominating a man and more interested in a mutually beneficial relationship.  I have just havent met any available libertarian girls, so I am starting to wonder if they exist in any significant amount.  The only girls that I would even consider close to being libertarian are my lesbian friends.  And they are actually more on the conservative side.

As I suspected. Maybe the devil I was advocating for wasn't such a devil...

Seriously guys, for people fighting for the right to live free however you see fit, a couple of y'all can sure exhibit some aggressive collectivist tendencies.

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 04:45:34 am »

Seriously guys, for people fighting for the right to live free however you see fit, a couple of y'all can sure exhibit some aggressive collectivist tendencies.

Most of the collectivism I'm seeing in this thread came from the original poster himself when he led off with his rant about liberal women, conservative women, and libertarians being lesbians.

Nothing against the original poster or his right to live as he sees fit, but I see nothing unlibertarian about candidly responding when someone asks a question like that.
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

time4liberty

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 01:48:30 pm »

In defense of the shallow, I would like to point out that we are moving with the prospect in mind of building a permanent life in the Free State. Lifetime companionship is part of that life, and really can be a deal-breaker for some people.

Anyone who leads off by asking if there are any "Decent looking women in New Hampshire?" probably thinks "companionship" starts with a big stack of ones and a cover charge for the overpriced mixers.

Just look at the question: who could possibly think that the genetic makeup of NH produces women who are significantly physically different from elsewhere in America? That's indicative of someone who doesn't know much about people at all, let alone women.

I'm not even talking about the shallowness of having physical attractiveness as your major criterion for dating. I'm talking about what kind of goofball knows so little about the human race that he thinks New Hampshire has a special sub-species.

You have a point ...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:50:21 pm by time4liberty »

JustSomeGuy

• FSP Participant
  • First 500 mover
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 01:54:58 pm »

Ouch!  I didnt expect all the political correctness...

Leaving aside any idea of political correctness, this kind of discussion (opinion coming here) does great harm to the idea that FSP is serious.

You could have this discussion on any number of dating sites. Google "libertarian dating" and have fun.

And to repeat, this is just my opinion, obviously you should carry on and do what you like.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:01:52 pm by JustSomeGuy »

escapist_reborn

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 02:51:20 pm »

Leaving aside any idea of political correctness, this kind of discussion (opinion coming here) does great harm to the idea that FSP is serious.

You could have this discussion on any number of dating sites. Google "libertarian dating" and have fun.

And to repeat, this is just my opinion, obviously you should carry on and do what you like.

Now I agree with this as well. We do need to move towards a better communication model. Part of ending the "boys club" aspect is to stop reinforcing the stereotype.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 06:22:59 pm »

The thing I don't like about forums is that a misunderstanding that could be settled with a half dozen words, 1.5 seconds of eye contact, and a nod takes 10 posts to sort out. 
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

BDJ

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 05:57:15 am »

It is a stereotype for a reason. Just as with any group, it is made up of individuals and we're all going to be different. There are some female anarchists but let's be honest, human females are statistically more emotional than men. There is also some difference amongst different cultures. That is just the way it is for a bunch of reasons and who knows how much is nature or nuture?

My hypothesis based on personal experences is that because women tend to react more emotionally, and given that almost nobody these days is conditioned to think logically, women tend to identify with emotional arguments more naturally. This isn't much different than men typically being far more violent. None of that is any basis for judgement but it does drive popular opinion. Since Sandy Hook I can't count the times that a "what about the poor children" from a woman has shut up multiple men talking about the downsides of new gun laws because they didn't want to seem heartless.

Asking if there are many decent looking women is a fair question in my view. Many men refuse to go to Alaska for this very reason and I know plenty who would have stayed working in far northern Canada or Alaska but for such issues. Besides, even if someone is the extreme that wants a trophy wife or a sugar daddy... That is their business as free people to live by whatever values they feel are important (I'm not suggesting that about the OP) and as long as both consenting adults are happy and don't infringe on anyone else, it is none of our business.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up