Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Map: Easy way to find liberty-friendly towns  (Read 8472 times)

tortuga

Map: Easy way to find liberty-friendly towns
« on: January 10, 2013, 09:39:36 pm »

Yellow towns are libertarian. White towns are sparse. The rest are statist. :)
Move Date: May 2014! (tentative)

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
Re: Map: Easy way to find liberty-friendly towns
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 09:55:43 pm »

I guess that's based on voting records, but Berlin is far from libertarian. You don't have a deep enough shade of red for that city.

kurtis

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 10:15:43 pm »

I like the idea. One minor complaint; or request. Can you possibly make this more interactive? As an outsider, it's hard for me to look at this map and know which counties/towns each region represents. Thanks!

kurtis

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 10:19:01 pm »

For example, here's what I started working on earlier tonight. I haven't put together any specific maps but it's interactive and very useful for someone like me who doesn't know the state.

https://www.google.com/fusiontables/embedviz?viz=MAP&q=select+col43+from+13PSQjlhvbGZj4jdTKXMUvxPTuGB1jC9K5qfEUaQ&h=false&lat=44.60220174915696&lng=-71.4882631723633&z=9&t=1&l=col43&y=3&tmplt=5

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 08:14:57 am »

I've been working on some similar maps, you can see what I have so far at Liberty603.com (see Ron Paul Voters 2012)
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

freedomroad

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 09:51:57 am »

Yellow towns are libertarian. White towns are sparse. The rest are statist. :)

It looks like this is the map on Wikipedia and some other sites for the 2012 NH GOP Primary. Since it deals with a Republican primary and not the general election, it is of only limited use. It says, if you are in a crowded field of over 20 people and your name is Ron Paul and the year is 2012 and there isn't a Democratic primary, this is the place you might take in the Republican primary.

Generally, Grafton is considered the best destinations for people if their main goal is to live free. Outside of that, it depends what you are looking for. If you don't want property taxes, live on a friends land or make a deal with a logging company to live in its land. If you don't want to need to own a car, consider moving to Durham, Dover, Portsmouth, Nashua, Keene, Manchester, Concord and so on. If you don't want to own a car but what easy access to Boston, consider moving to Durham, Dover or Nashua. If you want to live near a small airport, consider moving to Lebanon or Portsmouth. If you want to shot a gun in your yard, consider buying several acres in a town away from the compact area of the town. If you want to shoot of fireworks, look up the fireworks laws ordinances of where you are considering moving to before you move there.

kurtis

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 10:00:34 am »

I've been working on some similar maps, you can see what I have so far at Liberty603.com (see Ron Paul Voters 2012)

Nice job turbo! It looks really good. Jason Sorens actually told me to check out your site since he said you've already put in a lot of work. I didn't realize whose site it was and hadn't checked it out until you posted the link.

escapist_reborn

• Liberating the world one graphic at a time!
    • Graphical Liberation Front
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 12:22:01 pm »

Maybe I'm crazy, but the red areas look attractive to me. It's probably the areas we could make the most difference.
Joël Valenzuela<br />Chief Contrabandist, Graphical Liberation Front

freedomroad

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 03:17:02 pm »

Maybe I'm crazy, but the red areas look attractive to me. It's probably the areas we could make the most difference.

There is nothing to indicate that, from what I can tell.

escapist_reborn

• Liberating the world one graphic at a time!
    • Graphical Liberation Front
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 04:12:27 pm »

My inclination would be that towns full of liberty-minded folks don't necessarily need more, but statist-dominated cities could use a few more troops.
Joël Valenzuela<br />Chief Contrabandist, Graphical Liberation Front

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 04:42:51 pm »

My inclination would be that towns full of liberty-minded folks don't necessarily need more, but statist-dominated cities could use a few more troops.

*shrug* I can understand the idea but I think it'd be more likely to dispirit one than to help. I think gathering with other liberty minded folks to make those towns more free works better... and then show the people in statist dominated areas how much better the world is when government is off our collective backs.
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

freedomroad

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 06:50:02 pm »

The map doesn't have much to do with either of those factors. There might be some validity to your theory, though.

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 07:25:48 pm »

Nice job turbo! It looks really good. Jason Sorens actually told me to check out your site since he said you've already put in a lot of work. I didn't realize whose site it was and hadn't checked it out until you posted the link.

thanks Kurtis, I hope you find it helpful, if you have any suggestions on additional maps or features that might be helpful to you as a potential mover, I would be interested to hear. I have a few more features in the works and then going to work on interface improvements and making it into a presentable website.
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

tortuga

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 07:06:28 pm »

Well its a starting point.

Thanks to 1DayAtATime  for the info.
Move Date: May 2014! (tentative)

TJames

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2013, 04:25:23 am »

Or we could let them be communes. I'm not moving to Iran.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up