Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Computer Nerd Where to go?  (Read 2706 times)

aflatau

Computer Nerd Where to go?
« on: January 01, 2013, 08:43:57 pm »

Hello All,

Well - I just recently came across this and this sounds just like right up my alley as far as my believes and foundations are.
I am currently living in the Western New York area - and pretty sick of the politics here, and gun laws..  So I was thinking of
re-locating to try something new.

I am free lance computer programmer, mostly iOS development(iPhone / iPad apps) and web development. Most of my business
comes from the west coast(CA) - but what city or area would be best for a tech guy like me to go out to business mixers and connect
with potential clients that might need those services? Any recommendations?

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
Re: Computer Nerd Where to go?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 10:54:03 pm »

Welcome!  :)

I would suggest southern NH. Based on population, demographics, and convenience to Boston metro, top three cities would be Nashua, Portsmouth, and Manchester.

A few misc links you might be interested in checking out:
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

aflatau

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 11:00:33 pm »

I would suggest southern NH. Based on population, demographics, and convenience to Boston metro, top three cities would be Nashua, Portsmouth, and Manchester.

this is great, thank you.

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 11:56:22 pm »

I was going to respond with the same thing but I knew Turbo'd be in here. Lol :-)
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

freedomroad

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 04:44:35 pm »

Perhaps even 2 Manchester suburbs that are even closer to Boston would better than Manchester. Derry is a 40 minutes drive and Salem is a 30 minute drive from Boston if there is no traffic. They are both closer to Boston than the 3 above mentioned cities. That would very likely be less business for you in town, though.

Manchester is a great landing place, especially for people without kids, though. Maybe start there if you want to try to be NH centric.

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 09:34:08 am »

Perhaps even 2 Manchester suburbs that are even closer to Boston would better than Manchester. Derry is a 40 minutes drive and Salem is a 30 minute drive from Boston if there is no traffic. They are both closer to Boston than the 3 above mentioned cities. That would very likely be less business for you in town, though.

This is not true. Without traffic Salem is 5 minutes closer (in reality during rush hour 3 is faster then 93 to Nashua is faster) but Nashua is closer then Derry with or without traffic. Additionally to the tech corridor Nashua is much closer then either Salem or Derry.

skicougar

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 04:45:52 pm »

Thanks for posting this, i'm a programmer too andi have been considering moving to NH or Utah for some time as Texas is going to go the way off California over time imo, the demographics will flip it eventually and NH and utah seem about the best bets of staying america as I know it, but the free state project says maybe NH has the best chance of maintaining US traditions.

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 05:41:06 pm »

Thanks for posting this, i'm a programmer too andi have been considering moving to NH or Utah for some time as Texas is going to go the way off California over time imo, the demographics will flip it eventually and NH and utah seem about the best bets of staying america as I know it, but the free state project says maybe NH has the best chance of maintaining US traditions.

Welcome! New Hampshire is an excellent choice if you are programmer. There is really high demand - many jobs in southern NH, plus we're close to the Boston metro area which is one of the biggest tech hubs in the US. If possible, I'd encourage you to take a few days vacation time and plan a trip to New Hampshire, the Free State Project puts on two annual events (Liberty Forum in February and PorcFest in June), both are great opportunities to check out the state, see what's happening, meet people and make connections.
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603
Pages: [1]   Go Up