Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fellow Porcupines! Need some help getting this promoted to quicken relocation  (Read 2902 times)

TempleKnight

Greetings my fellow porcupines!

I know I have posted once before on the Free State forums regarding my work but I must urgently call upon all who read this to try and make this dream a possibility.  If you are unawares I am a writer with a published work on Amazon.com.  It is a dark novella which, from what I am told, is a good, interesting ten hour read. 
The problem is that I have no major marketing beyond word of mouth, Facebook, or Reddit and I need to sell these digital copies in massive amounts if I want to be able to make my move to NH before year's end (specifically before I feel the Federal government goes to pot).
So what I am asking is not that everyone buys a copy of my book (though if you wish to I appreciate it greatly) but that you simply spread word about it.  Like my author page on Facebook, respond or post up my topic on Reddit, and most importantly get people at least looking at my work.
On my Facebook author page I also write a few political and sociological blogs and have a few new series starting such as "Fractured States" (a series about a dissolution of the US into several smaller-nation states) and "Warzone Chronicles" (based on the same universe as "Fractured States" but dealing with the combat implications of such a civil war style scenario).

Like I said the more people I get to at least SEE my work translates into more people possibly buying my work which in turn means the closer I will get to actually making my move.

LINKS:

https://www.facebook.com/CharlesIsWriting  My Facebook author page....here you can find writing excerpts, my blogs, and updates on my series

http://www.amazon.com/Growing-Up-A-Killer-ebook/dp/B005F1YHZ8  Direct link to my novella, Growing Up A Killer....

http://www.reddit.com/r/literature/comments/zejum/new_dark_psychthriller_book_on_amazoncomits/  The Reddit.com link about my work....more points/likes the more exposure I get.

I really hope everyone can help out with this.  Thanks for the help from those who do and the faster this happens the quicker I can move (repetitive I know but can't be stressed enough).

Thanks
-Charles

PS...I have tried to get to PorcFest but since I work retail at the moment I never have the free time to do so unfortunately.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator

freedomroad

If you write a couple sentences explaining that you are a FSP participant and will be moving to NH soon... and this money will help you move... you could likely post this once to the FSP group on Facebook.  There is a chance a moderate could delete the post on FB but the risk might be worth it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2204983906/

TempleKnight

Rossby,

I apologize.  I didn't mean for this to take the form of an advert.  Rather it was a call to action (or more a plea) for my fellow, prospective (and actual) porcupines to help make my dream a reality by simply spreading the word about my work. 
Okay....now it sounds like an advertisement. :(  Again, apologize. 

Still, I hope there are those among you willing to help spread the word.

LoveAndPeace,

I will take your suggestion under consideration. :)

TempleKnight

An Update!

LoveAndPeace: your advice has proven somewhat helpful.  Hopefully the word-of-mouth picks up a bit faster...

But, I just wanted to announce that my new web literature series "Gadsden" has released on my Facebook writing page.  The Prologue went up last week and the first section should be coming later this week.  I invite one and all to take a look and enjoy it as the FSP is included (as the psuedo-founders of the Free Gadsden Territories).

Pages: [1]   Go Up