Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: From OR to NH, any other states like MA that make transit w/firearms a felony?  (Read 16846 times)

FormulaXFD

That's not a bad idea. I was thinking of just putting the ammo cans in the trunk of my car, which I'm towing behind the truck anyway.

Sam Adams

Nobody can legally search your auto without warrent or your permission unless you have committed a felony, so I don,t know why this matters, so NO to a search and don,t answer any questions

The cops will just lie and claim they smelled pot coming from the car.  That's now standard operating procedure.
                          Thats injustice. Its always good idea to travel with a witness, being alone on the kings highway is asking 4 trouble esp. at night. In the lower states the govt officials are bonded for liability and for lawsuits. Towns are quick to settle 4 20k or 50 k to have lawsuits go away that show unconstitutional injustice upon well inform citizens. Once you supeana[sp] the govt lackeys 10 year history of violations , arrest record and complaints, similar searches and confiscations, and medical and mental history reports, its cheaper to settle.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant

Thats injustice. Its always good idea to travel with a witness, being alone on the kings highway is asking 4 trouble esp. at night. In the lower states the govt officials are bonded for liability and for lawsuits. Towns are quick to settle 4 20k or 50 k to have lawsuits go away that show unconstitutional injustice upon well inform citizens. Once you supeana[sp] the govt lackeys 10 year history of violations , arrest record and complaints, similar searches and confiscations, and medical and mental history reports, its cheaper to settle.

Good luck with that.  You could have a hundred witnesses, but the judge will take the word of the shadiest cop over all of them, in most cases.

Audio/video evidence is about the only thing that can help.  Hence why they now use claims of smelling things: there's no way to prove what the cop did or did not smell.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

FormulaXFD

Audio/video evidence is about the only thing that can help.  Hence why they now use claims of smelling things: there's no way to prove what the cop did or did not smell.

So basically once I move to NH, I'll start working on an air chromograph that can detect various compounds in the cabin; get a NIST calibration cert and use some SD Flash as a recording medium. Helllloooooo product idea :)

(And this isn't really a joke either)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 08:27:17 pm by FormulaXFD »

Sam Adams

[quote

Good luck with that.  You could have a hundred witnesses, but the judge will take the word of the shadiest cop over all of them, in most cases.

Audio/video evidence is about the only thing that can help.  Hence why they now use claims of smelling things: there's no way to prove what the cop did or did not smell.
[/quote]     This is why we have a Jury system, even though they have to be trained during the trial. Americans are starting to wake up that their dream or country isn,t what it was 10 years ago. Felon and Criminal court charges need corpus delicti[sp]  that injuries[property or body, but the state likes to say they are damaged, but never admit that in open court. Admirality flag is a 4 colored flag having gold yellow band around outside, the court flies it meaning foreign military take-over.

Auspicious Aspect

Admirality flag is a 4 colored flag having gold yellow band around outside, the court flies it meaning foreign military take-over.

Oh, please, not this guff again.  ::)

plasma1010

If you are that worried just sell your firearm and buy a new one in NH. Or don't break any traffic laws on the way. They can't just search your car for no reason (unless you are literally traveling into NYC or over any of the major bridges I would be careful. Stick to remote roads, small towns.

FormulaXFD

If you are that worried just sell your firearm and buy a new one in NH. Or don't break any traffic laws on the way. They can't just search your car for no reason (unless you are literally traveling into NYC or over any of the major bridges I would be careful. Stick to remote roads, small towns.

I'm not one for taking needless losses. It'll basically be carry up to IL; then no carry from IL into NY then VT then NH.

And I signed the statement of intent this past saturday.

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000

Nobody can legally search your auto without warrent or your permission unless you have committed a felony, so I don,t know why this matters, so NO to a search and don,t answer any questions

The cops will just lie and claim they smelled pot coming from the car.  That's now standard operating procedure.

That doesn't work for the cops in MA anymore.  The MA Supreme Court has ruled that since the possession of less than an ounce is now an infraction and not a crime the smell of pot is not probable cause to search a car.
We need a law like that in NH.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant

That doesn't work for the cops in MA anymore.  The MA Supreme Court has ruled that since the possession of less than an ounce is now an infraction and not a crime the smell of pot is not probable cause to search a car.

Yeah, but it would work in other states, along the way.

But I expect they'd just come up with some other similarly-ridiculous excuse.

We need a law like that in NH.

Indeed.  That's what folks need to realize, when they talk about laws which will allow the cops excessive discretion.  "Oh, they won't arrest you for that unless you're really a menace."  Yeah, but they can use it as an excuse for a search and other such harassment.  We need to cut down on the possible exuses they can come up with.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

FormulaXFD

At this point, I've plotted out my trip. Luckily, I can get through IL without making a stop. That should help. The only other point of concern is the NY travel, making stops in Rochester, then Schenectady (SP?) before the ~5 hr drive to "home."

Auspicious Aspect

At this point, I've plotted out my trip. Luckily, I can get through IL without making a stop. That should help. The only other point of concern is the NY travel, making stops in Rochester, then Schenectady (SP?) before the ~5 hr drive to "home."

Do you have a particular reason for spending that much time transiting NY? I have this trip many, many times, and my preferred route is I-80 across PA, after which you have a couple of options, both of which minimize NY time.

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000

Do you have a particular reason for spending that much time transiting NY? I have this trip many, many times, and my preferred route is I-80 across PA, after which you have a couple of options, both of which minimize NY time.

I suggest overnighting in northwest  PA and traveling across NY on Interstate 90.  That keeps you out of the reach of all the crazy NYC cops.
I can make the trip from Erie to Grafton in 10 hours or less.

Auspicious Aspect

I suggest overnighting in northwest  PA and traveling across NY on Interstate 90.  That keeps you out of the reach of all the crazy NYC cops.
I can make the trip from Erie to Grafton in 10 hours or less.

NY State Police can be just as crazy. When they roadblock I-90 and start randomly searching cars it takes hours to untangle. I prefer I-80 across PA, then cross the Hudson on either Newburgh-Beacon or Tappan Zee bridges.

FormulaXFD

Is PA actually less insane than NY State? I can go across PA via I-80, head north via I-81, then to I-88, finally onto Highway 7.

But... NYState actually stops interstate traffic??
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up