Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bitcoin Auction site  (Read 5055 times)

LFD4ever

Bitcoin Auction site
« on: August 29, 2012, 06:38:00 am »

I am looking to start a bitcoin Auction site but have no experience in designing webistes let alone an auction site. I am looking for help in designing this site and looking for quotes from those that have the know how. I can pay in bitcoins, in company shares, or a mix. I intend to run advertisement on Free Talk Live and other LRN programs.

LFD4ever

Re: Bitcoin Auction site
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 08:35:47 am »

A bit more about the site.

The site will auction almost everything with the exception of controlled substances and fire arms. There will be a small bid fee of .002 that I will reserve the right to reduce without warning (depending on the price of the bitcoin and or the traffic of the site). The same is not true of increasing the bid price. No bitcoins will be held on the actual site but will instead be sent by a human within no less than one hour no more than 24. This will change as my confidence in site security increases. The reason for this decision is that I do not want the site to get hacked and people to get robbed. The time delay is meant decrease the chances of successfully stealing peoples bitcoins as no actual bitcoins will be held on the site, until I am sure it is secure. Site source code MUST be open source.

While I personally do not support the use of drugs I do support the abolition of prohibition. As a show of support for this I want there to be a function on the site that will pay every 420 bid .0420 BTC. and there will be a super payout every 176400 bid (or 420*420) 42.0 BTC. again as Bitcoins increase this will have to change. I will of course take advice from the programmer/designer as to the feasibility of these things.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 01:44:15 pm »

Personally, I wouldn't want to do business with a site that prohibited firearms.  If it was free, I might consider it, but I wouldn't pay to sell things on a site which will restrict things in that way.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

LFD4ever

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 02:00:27 am »

And while the rest of us live in reality... I would be willing to allow firearms to be offered at a later date, if either NH leaves the union or if the laws change. I do not however desire to be shut down by the thugs within the first 30 days of operation. This would be very irresponsible to my shareholders. Further if you read what I posted charges are made on the front end not the back. The bidder pays a .002 BTC fee. I am considering an option for the seller to offer a fixed %.

I do not like not offering guns and drugs on the site, i do however live in reality. Silk roads I believe does a very good job and the armory failed. If someone thinks they can run a site that will pay and offer those kinds of things I would be happy to see them do so.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 07:47:32 am »

Why would you be shut down for allowing firearms?  There's nothing illegal about running an auction site that allows firearms.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

LFD4ever

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 05:34:35 am »

Once the site is up and running and I am able to hire someone to advise the business on the facts I will more than gladly change that policy. Given the insane laws and the difficulty in reading them I do not wish to risk my shareholder.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 05:55:06 am »

You may want to look into GunBroker.  They've been in operation for over a dozen years.

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 04:00:34 pm »

And look into BitMit, the ebay for bitcoins.
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver
Pages: [1]   Go Up