Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question  (Read 4571 times)

John Edward Mercier

• Native
Re: Question
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 06:17:07 pm »

To me it makes sense to be a libertarian, Tea partier, or an anarchist and to be self-sufficient. I am very much interested in living off the grid. Some may consider me a to have survivalist mindset.
Homesteader Mindset.

That too. ;)
Its just that a survivalist mindset changes very quickly into a homesteader mindset.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
Re: Question
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 06:29:24 pm »

Interesting thoughts and info. Meetup is very popular in my area and I am in a few groups. Actually tried to start one locally based on self sufficiency, lost crafts and a hint of survivalism. Started off well enough but faded out after about 4 months. I do not know much but am passionate to learn whatever I can. Figure there must be others out there like me. Self sufficiency does not (at least to me) mean being a loner. There needs to be a community of like minded people as you have in the Free State Project. I like N.H. because it is small enough to get enough people together to make a difference. I believe the county was originally setup for the states to have the power and the federal government job was to defend the county from foreign attack alone with a few other things.
Mabee N.H. will be the catalyst to bring that back.
Sort of. The AofC really counted on the States for defense.

'No vessels of war shall be kept up in time of peace, by any state, except such number only, as shall be deemed necessary by the united states, in congress assembled, for the defence of such state, or its trade; nor shall any body of forces be kept up, by any state, in time of peace, except such number only as, in the judgment of the united states, in congress assembled, shall be deemed requisite to garrison the forts necessary for the defence of such state; but every state shall always keep up a well regulated and disciplined militia, sufficiently armed and accounted, and shall provide and constantly have ready for use, in public stores, a due number of field pieces and tents, and a proper quantity of arms, ammunition, and camp equipage.'

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up