Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arizona Medical Marijuana Law Is Constitutional, County Judge Finds  (Read 4439 times)

plasma1010

"Maricopa County can't block a medical-marijuana dispensary from opening just because of a federal prohibition on marijuana, a county judge has ruled.

This is a big court ruling for the 2010 Arizona Medical Marijuana Act, and the one on which would-be operators of dispensaries have been waiting.

The decision by Superior Court Judge Michael Gordon is a green light for dispensaries to open. It's also a resounding approval of voters' wishes."

Good, counties are taking their power back.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2012/12/medical_marijuana_is_constitut.php

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
Re: Arizona Medical Marijuana Law Is Constitutional, County Judge Finds
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 07:37:38 pm »

"Maricopa County can't block a medical-marijuana dispensary from opening just because of a federal prohibition on marijuana, a county judge has ruled.

That's a good ruling, but you can bet that Arpaio will be leading the DEA raid in person.

Winston Smith

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 06:35:16 pm »

The big irony is that Arpaio is a carpetbagger from Springfield, MA(among 90 other problems). This debate doesn't affect me personally, but the rights insistence on being "bitter-Enders" in the war on drugs bellies any claims to liberty they might have.
"Outie belly buttons are the turkey thermometer of a communist."

slothman

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 06:37:14 pm »

That's a good ruling, but you can bet that Arpaio will be leading the DEA raid in person.
As soon as I saw "Maricopa County" I thought that too; I didn't even read the rest.
Well I did after I thought that.
"Judges smudges" works for him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up