Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: PorcFest 2013  (Read 28146 times)

TheMagicBullet

Re: PorcFest 2013
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 04:50:47 pm »

I doubt it would be much of a charge, and we would likely accept other forms of currency if that helps. Still considering if getting the equipment is worth it.

Floridian

• Friend of FSP
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 09:09:42 pm »

Who's going?

Dates are June 17th - 23rd!

Sounds like fun!  I would love to be there.
Tu ne cede malis.

widdie

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 10:58:14 am »

ME!!  And hopefully it won't be as much of a drive this year!  ;)

Considering vending, but not sure yet...

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 11:02:36 am »

I'll be there. Haven't missed one other than the very first.

K. Darien Freeheart

• FSP Participant
    • K. Darien Freeheart's Facebook
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 03:42:08 am »

2013 will be my 5th Porcfest.

At this rate, I'll only be there for 6 hours, but I'll enjoy it more than every other Porcfest. :P

crossonscout

• FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 02:01:11 pm »

I cannot wait for this! :-)
"When I carry a gun, I don’t do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I’m looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don’t carry it because I’m afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn’t limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation…and that’s why carrying a gun is a civilized act." - Why The Gun is Civilization

semiautomagic

• My FB
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 01:07:18 pm »

I plan to make PorcFest 2013 my first visit to NH, and my first step toward joining FSP.  I’m considering Liberty Forum as well, though the timing might clash with professional responsibilities.
"When you can see the color of the feathers, you'll also understand how you can expand your borders to infinity."
Miles Vorkosigan

VoluntaryMan

• Google+
Re: Re: PorcFest 2013
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 11:45:43 am »

I'll be back for my second visit, can't wait!

FrugalFannie

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 07:37:33 pm »

We will be looking to hire some people this year. Cashier/s, prep, clean up, etc. Also might be interested in a cook or 2 depending on how many of my semi-committed friends come through. Cook's must  have experience.

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
Re: PorFest 2013
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 12:10:43 am »

Considering setting up a tent area with some space to play nerdy games, maybe have a couple tvs with a couple consoles set up. The idea would be to host tournaments/game sessions and have people chip in for playing. Does this sound interesting to anyone?

I recommend you just charge people for the time they'll be in the tent and then leave it up to the people there what to play, or have a schedule set if certain games are going to be certain days and times. You could have people reserve chair time before the actual event so that you have some expectation of how much money you'll get out of it, that would help with the decision of what kind of tent to get, or if you're even going to do it. If you had internet too, that would be another plus. Then people could also pay a small rental if they use your games or just bring their own.

I really like your idea - I'm in 3 boardgame meetup groups and I would probably bring a few games (though it's way too soon to know how many days I'll have off from work, I'll almost definitely be there Friday to Sunday, and hopefully the whole week).
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

TheMagicBullet

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 10:38:07 pm »

We're probably not going to do this idea...last year we spent a significant amount of time volunteering and this year we're just looking forward to relaxing with no schedule for the week. Plus it would require spending a lot of $$ for a lot of gear, a lot of time invested in set up and tear down on what's supposed to be a vacation. We'll just have to entertain folks by the campfire as our contribution to Porcfest's awesomeness.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up