Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: PorcFest 2013  (Read 28111 times)

FrugalFannie

PorcFest 2013
« on: July 09, 2012, 07:02:35 pm »

Who's going?

Dates are June 17th - 23rd!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:44:28 pm by FrugalFannie »

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
Re: PorFest 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 04:52:04 pm »

I'll be there.  Hopefully by then I'll be full time in NH selling chili out of a truck all over the state.  Naomi also wants to try it again.  Knowing the dates we can try and reserve one of the motel rooms before they all run out.  The rented trailer this year was great, but there's something to be said for a full size shower.

Edited, because somehow I left out the word "chili".
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:20:49 am by Ward Griffiths »
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

TJames

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 09:30:03 pm »

Would it be appropriate for me to set up my premoving yard sale there?

FrugalFannie

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 02:04:50 pm »

Why not?

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 02:53:07 pm »

How much stuff do you have?

I've thought of setting up a "consignment store" type of site, as I imagine there are a good number of attendees who have stuff to sell but not enough to justify renting and tending their own site. I know this already happens informally between vendors, but seems like more people might participate if it was organized/promoted.

If anyone has interest in this idea (either stuff to sell, or interest in organizing/running it), drop me a line :)
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

TJames

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 03:58:36 pm »

How much do I have? Interesting question.

I own maybe a third of a yard sale. All my possessions can fit snugly in my bedroom. I don't have much silver and that is part of why I asked if this would fit at porcfest. I haven't been there yet but I thought the whole thing was largely trading. But maybe I have enough to come home richer.

FrugalFannie

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 09:23:12 pm »

There is more selling at PorcFest than trading.

I actually saw no trading really. We did cook some farm fresh eggs for someone who forgot their skillet in exchange for the rest of their farm fresh eggs. We also exchanged some eggs and cooking of some bacon, for the rest of someone's bacon. But mostly there was a lot of straight up selling. Currency varied between FRNs, silver coins, rounds, shire silver, copper, etc.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 11:19:22 am »

I'll sell my chili for any medium of exchange that can be found and mutually agreed upon (bitcoins, beer, books &c).  While chili is the world's most perfect food, I realize that a balanced diet is necessary and eggs and bacon make fine side dishes.  Especially topped with or on top of chili.

Am I a bit of a one-note Johnny?  Yeah.  I found my niche.
--

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

robin.freiheit

• anarchy burger, hold the government
    • Because we want to be... FREE!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 07:07:36 pm »

I am hoping to be there, and I am hoping to be vending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
renegade0ffunk.tumblr.com

FrugalFannie

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 10:31:18 pm »

We will be veding again.

Adding lunch and dinner. Trying to accomodate the vegetarians and anyone who wishes to have something other than bacon all day, every day.

We will be posting our menu and welcome feedback!

TheMagicBullet

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 02:18:14 pm »

Considering setting up a tent area with some space to play nerdy games, maybe have a couple tvs with a couple consoles set up. The idea would be to host tournaments/game sessions and have people chip in for playing. Does this sound interesting to anyone?

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 11:12:02 pm »

Considering setting up a tent area with some space to play nerdy games, maybe have a couple tvs with a couple consoles set up. The idea would be to host tournaments/game sessions and have people chip in for playing. Does this sound interesting to anyone?

How about some really classic stuff?  I can supply some old early 80s Tandy Color Computers and a gagload of games.  Also have a TI-99/4A or two of Lisa's, but haven't inventoried the adjacent box of carts.  (I could also supply an old TRS-80 Model One and a lot of games, but it's easier to bring a USB key with the xtrs emulator and enough software that would fill several Xerox boxes in tape and floppy format and play them on a bigger screen).

By the way, if anybody's in the market for a TRS-80 Model One, this one was still booting floppies the last time I fired it up about six months back.  By serial number I estimate it came off the line in the third quarter of 1978.  It's surplus to my needs at this time.
--

TheMagicBullet

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 10:12:58 am »

Holy cow, that's awesome!! If there's enough interest, that sounds great. Still debating whether it's worth investing in a big enough canopy, etc...obviously we will have to have very solid rainproofing with all the electronics and paper cards, etc that would be around.

rank420

Re: PorcFest 2013
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 02:08:40 pm »

Just remember to bring a pop up canopy incase of rain.

We should be down for porcfest 2013, I want to bring the whole family and do that for our family vacation.

Finally get down there and find out exactly where we want to live in the next year.

Are you selling all your stuff and moving to nh right after then? What area did you decide on? I am still stuck wanting something in between keene/manch area.

TJames

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 12:32:53 pm »

Yeah but I can be a bit of a miser.  :D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up