Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesse Thorsen joined FSP  (Read 3843 times)

americanpatriot28

Jesse Thorsen joined FSP
« on: July 08, 2012, 02:06:40 pm »

Hello,
  I am Jesse Thorsen, the Army Reservist who endorsed Ron Paul at the Iowa Caucus in uniform. My wife and I have made the decision to join the FSP. My intent, shortly after my combat tour in Afghanistan ends, is to move to New Hampshire, promote the cause of Liberty, and raise my two daughters in a safe and free state. Live Free or Die! Couldn't say it better myself. My question is, I am a Bricklayer/Stone Mason, what kind of job potential do I have there, and what is the average pay? I have done some research but time/geographical restrictions have made it difficult. Any suggestions on companies that keep masons busy, or even Liberty minded companies? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to getting involved and have a large network of support I can bring to the table. In Feb., I joined Adam Kokesh, Nathan Cox, and Zac Carter (among others) as Veterans For Ron Paul marched on the White House. I have spoke very publicly about the Liberty Movement and am excited about bringing my drive and enthusiasm to the State of New Hampshire. Any other information you could provide on anything I may need to know before moving would be great! Thank you,
                                                                                            Jesse Thorsen

TJames

Re: Jesse Thorsen joined FSP
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 02:30:29 pm »

I'm happy to see your enthusiasm with us!

I would answer those questions, but I'm about a hundred miles east. I'll just say hi. I'm assuming your market is steady. My market skills are farming.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 05:06:09 pm »

Bricklaying work is mostly in the cities.

If you are willing/able to work in other forms of masonry, and have some skill at it, you could get work doing stone walls, fireplaces, chimneys, etc.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

americanpatriot28

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 05:36:02 pm »

Thanks greenhorn, I've been honored to get all the support I have, and even more honored to have been given a platform to spread the message of Liberty. Oddly enough, (due to what I heard was a little political help) all I received was a letter of reprimand. I'm still in the same unit, still deploying, and am still liked and trusted by the members of my current unit. And there are quite a bit of Ron Paul supporters and Liberty minded men in my unit that hi five me for it, discretely of course. I was honored to be the key note speaker in D.C. in front of the Washington Monument. Once your eyes are opened to the call of Liberty, there is no going back. Especially for a soldier like me, it's my duty. I prefer not to live in the city, I love, and have spent most my life in the country. I am a master of my trade; brick, block, and stone. Been doing it for 11 years now and have been a foreman on a few jobs. I could always commute, I've had to do a lot of that over the years. Where is the largest congregation per capita of Free Stater's in NH?

SnowDog

• FSP Mover (The Real Snowdog)
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 06:16:48 pm »

Welcome!

My wife, son, and I have been here for 2 1/2 years. It's great state.

freedomroad

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 08:27:16 pm »

Thank you Jesse.  I was in the Army Reserve for 8 years myself.  I left as a Sgt.  We have a NH Veterans for Ron Paul if you haven't already joined it.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/170514703014049/

DRFlox26

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 09:33:58 pm »

Jesse, here's what I learned that may be beneficial to you by my visiting Nashua New Hampshire for 4 days in April/May and visiting Keene, PorcFest 2012 and Peterborough for 21 days in June. 1) The country is never more than 10-15 minutes drive away from the center of any city in New Hampshire, so you can work in a city and live in the country. 2) Mark Warden is doing an excellent job for me as a realtor helping me explore the housing market first online and then with day in Keene and a half-day in Peterborough. You can see his website at "porcupinerealtor.com". Although he lives and works out of a town near Manchester, he did a masterful job helping me evaluate houses in Keene and Peterborough. I have decided to buy a home this Fall in either small town Peterborough or tiny town Jaffrey, placing me no more than 20 minutes from Keene, no more than 1 hour from Nashua Manchester and Concord and no more than 90 minutes from Boston. 3) The average person in Nashua has never heard of the Free State Project (I asked several people). The average person in Keene has heard of the Free State Project. The Keene Activity Center (shiresociety.com) is a staging ground for peaceful liberty protests and therefore a small social center for activists living not only in Keene but also in the tiny towns in the vicinity. The concentrations of Free Staters appear to be in Manchester, Keene, and perhaps Concord. You may email me with further questions at Tuvix2601@hotmail.com. P.S. Today I also joined the FSP as a Participant, planning to move to NH by this Fall. Live Free or Die. Live Long and Happy.  :)

time4liberty

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 11:28:53 pm »

There are also concentrations along the Seacoast, in Nashua, and in Grafton.

time4liberty

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 11:39:33 pm »

Hello,
  I am Jesse Thorsen, the Army Reservist who endorsed Ron Paul at the Iowa Caucus in uniform. My wife and I have made the decision to join the FSP. My intent, shortly after my combat tour in Afghanistan ends, is to move to New Hampshire, promote the cause of Liberty, and raise my two daughters in a safe and free state. Live Free or Die! Couldn't say it better myself. My question is, I am a Bricklayer/Stone Mason, what kind of job potential do I have there, and what is the average pay? I have done some research but time/geographical restrictions have made it difficult. Any suggestions on companies that keep masons busy, or even Liberty minded companies? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to getting involved and have a large network of support I can bring to the table. In Feb., I joined Adam Kokesh, Nathan Cox, and Zac Carter (among others) as Veterans For Ron Paul marched on the White House. I have spoke very publicly about the Liberty Movement and am excited about bringing my drive and enthusiasm to the State of New Hampshire. Any other information you could provide on anything I may need to know before moving would be great! Thank you,
                                                                                            Jesse Thorsen

Welcome! =) -- and thanks for taking a stand for liberty. It's an honor to have you on board.

We mentioned a few concentrations, but really there are FSPers and liberty activists pretty much all over the state.

I don't know much about the construction scene.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 02:48:49 am »

There are also concentrations along the Seacoast, in Nashua, and in Grafton.

The northern seacoast has been getting tons of people Portsmouth-Dover has been getting the most, I think.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 09:26:23 am »

Welcome, Jesse.

Make sure you drop in to the Shire Society forum - you'll find useful job links in the Keene and Manchester subforums, which are also to high-concentration destinations.  The forum is here: http://forum.shiresociety.com

Congratulations on your decision.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

DRFlox26

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 08:06:53 pm »

Here's the link to the just-released 1 hour 50 minute video of the "Where to Live in New Hampshire – A Comparison of Towns & Regions" panel from last month's Porcfest 2012. I just received it from Mark Warden (porcupinerealtor.com). Live Free or Die. Live Long and Happy.  :)  http://porcupinerealestate.com/1062/where-to-live-in-new-hampshire-a-comparison-of-towns-regions/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Mark-Warden-Porcupine-Real-Estate-Blog+%28Mark+Warden+Porcupine+Real+Estate+Blog%29
Pages: [1]   Go Up