Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for people who can help  (Read 2827 times)

azn4mrpaul

Looking for people who can help
« on: July 08, 2012, 11:24:20 am »

or looking to buy land together.

5 acres each, put up a prefab house and live simply.

I'm seriously looking, please let me know if you're doing or thinking the same.

Chan

Budders

Re: Looking for people who can help
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 11:06:00 am »

i would be interested in owning land next to FSP members, but not co-owning any property.  I am looking for ideally 8-10 acres with a nice size stream and hopefully a pond  for $30000 or under in november.  its very possible to get land like this in NY or Michigan, but NH seems a little more expensive. if you want to look for something that is a few parcels that we could get a better deal on that would be interesting. 

FrugalFannie

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 04:22:00 pm »

check out landwatch.com.

buy a large piece and subdivide?

time4liberty

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 04:57:21 pm »

i would be interested in owning land next to FSP members, but not co-owning any property.  I am looking for ideally 8-10 acres with a nice size stream and hopefully a pond  for $30000 or under in november.  its very possible to get land like this in NY or Michigan, but NH seems a little more expensive. if you want to look for something that is a few parcels that we could get a better deal on that would be interesting. 

It's possible: http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/#/homes/for_sale/land_type/0-30000_price/0-106_mp/200000-_lot/44.647162,-69.01886,42.627896,-73.166199_rect/7_zm/0_mmm/

Bump up the price a little and a lot more shows up, of course ...

TJames

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 11:39:11 am »

I would like land in planting zone 6a. Because I want to live in a rural area I will be looking in the southwest somewhere near Keene.

5 acres would be a temporary arrangement in my book so I would maybe accept that in any part of the state as long as I have a few roommates.

time4liberty

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 03:44:17 pm »

I would like land in planting zone 6a. Because I want to live in a rural area I will be looking in the southwest somewhere near Keene.

5 acres would be a temporary arrangement in my book so I would maybe accept that in any part of the state as long as I have a few roommates.

There are rural areas all over the state. Within 20-30 minutes of nashua, manchester, or portsmouth you can be in the woods with lots of land (or you can own open/farm land, if you're willing to pay more). Let me know if you need tips on which towns to look at. Also, the growing season is longer in the southeast parts of the state, than southwest.

The keene area's fine too, I just don't want you to feel that you're limited to that.

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 09:04:48 pm »

Too bad there was a house on three acres or so here in Mason right next to another free starter, it sold last last year though.  Even though I mentioned the property on here before it sold.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

azn4mrpaul

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 08:23:06 pm »

10 acres for that price would be tough, if any would be far north.  If you see a cheap parcel, run away.  The first rule of real estate for me personally is if it's cheap, it's a trap.

mdistefano82

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 11:22:07 am »

we are looking for the same thing. email me at mdistefano1982@hotmail.com so we can chat. I've ran into a few guys and emailed them but of course, their ideas are solid but never respond. My wife and I are serious about pioneering to NH and setting up with other likeminded individuals.

md

freedomroad

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 11:36:00 am »

10 acres for that price would be tough, if any would be far north.  If you see a cheap parcel, run away.  The first rule of real estate for me personally is if it's cheap, it's a trap.

Often that is true. It is best to be in NH while looking for land. Have locals that know what they are doing help with the process. Of course, this isn't just a NH thing. It very rarely makes sense to buy land somewhere you don't live unless you higher a developer/contractor to do all of the work for me.

If someone doesn't live in NH, they should almost certainly move to NH, rent and then look for land or whatever.

time4liberty

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 12:11:04 pm »

Actually, here's a much better search:
http://www.nneren.com/search.html?property_search_action=search&state=NH&order_by=price&results_pp=25&ListingPriceMin=5000&ListingPriceMax=30000&PropertyType[]=Land&Bathrooms=&Bedrooms=&SqFtTotalMin=&SqFtTotalMax=&LotSizeAreaMin=10&LotSizeAreaMax=&TotalUnitsMin=&TotalUnitsMax=&Keywords=&OHDateMin=&OHDateMax=&search_button=]http://www.nneren.com/search.html?property_search_action=search&state=NH&order_by=price&results_pp=25&ListingPriceMin=5000&ListingPriceMax=30000&PropertyType[]=Land&Bathrooms=&Bedrooms=&SqFtTotalMin=&SqFtTotalMax=&LotSizeAreaMin=10&LotSizeAreaMax=&TotalUnitsMin=&TotalUnitsMax=&Keywords=&OHDateMin=&OHDateMax=&search_button=

(you've got to copy and paste, sorry)

You can see there are many properties with 10+ acres for well under 30K.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:18:03 pm by time4liberty »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything