Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Start-Ups or Sm. Biz looking for funding?  (Read 7940 times)

cheerful_paranoiac

Start-Ups or Sm. Biz looking for funding?
« on: June 26, 2012, 09:42:02 am »

Any start-ups or existing small businesses looking for partners or investment capital?  I'm concerned about employment opportunities should I make the move.  If I could buy myself into a job at an existing small business looking to expand or help start a new business, it would ease my concern.  I could come up with $50K easily enough, or more for the right opportunity.  My background is in microelectronics and CAD software development.   

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
Re: Start-Ups or Sm. Biz looking for funding?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 11:25:57 am »

There are lots of folks looking for capital.  No lack of that.

Folks who are actually likely to make a reasonable return on investment... that's another story.

A few of us here in Grafton have been looking at some options to expand existing businesses or create new ones, in order to take advantage of the business-friendly situation in the town, while also creating some jobs for those who are moving here...

I'm ridiculously busy, right now, but I'll try to reply with more info in a bit.  If you don't hear from me in a day or two, you might want to send me a PM to remind me.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 03:58:03 pm »

I could come up with $50K easily enough, or more for the right opportunity.  My background is in microelectronics and CAD software development.   

You don't need to be concerned about a job. Autodesk are based in Manchester. Oracle have a huge presence in Nashua, they do AutoVue. In Nashua we also have Dell, Intel and BAE all of whom would certainly have use for your skill set.

http://www.indeed.com is your friend on the job hunt. While technology jobs can be found all over the state Nashua is the primary focus of the technology industry in NH http://www.freenashua.org/ for more information on the area.

slightlycyborg

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 08:49:22 am »

I don't know if you are still looking for a business to invest in, but I am prototyping a humanoid robot in CAD. It will use the new cheap artificial muscles made from nylon polymers, so literally everything except the processor will be plastic. Please let me know what you think. We should get in contact.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything