Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Once I move my family out to NH is there PRO LIBERTY private / home teachers?  (Read 7973 times)

rank420

I have tried homeschooling my son here in California and was met with truancy officers and threats. Scared the shit out of me to be honest... I setup my private school correctly, registered it and everything. It was the Liberty Learning Institute with ONE student ( my son ) and whether I am debating my friends, family or school discrict I feel like I am fighting a losing battle.

Whether I am morally right or right simply as his father really doesn't matter here in California and sick of all the hoops and hurdles I MUST jump through in order to have a son that grows up NOT hooked to the hip to the state.

I want my son to know the following ( none of this is taught at his school ) based on what he LIKES and tells me he is interested in atm.

- persuasive conversation skills without threats or violence ( this one is from ME not my son however I think debating and conversational skills learned young can remove many arguements, fights and irritants in life IF learned young)
- gardening both indoors and outdoors
- hunting fishing cleaning dressing cooking
- video game design and coding
- self defense proactive offense armed, unarmed, child abduction prevention
- building earthship style housing ( self sufficient self contained living )
- math english science history ( this will always vary and want to include ALL forms of religious history just so it is understood rather than blindly followed)

Now there should be electives and other things he could be learning and many of these can be learned from my wife and I at home but I do believe that learning from MULTIPLE elders and knowledgeable people help us grow and learn far better than learning everything from one or two people especially parents.

I just want my kids to learn the life skills that I feel will be needed in their life and need to be passed down. All of these skills will never be taught at any public or private school that I know of and wondering why a "learn what you want to know" type of education option isn't available for kids.

I see a huge market for a local barter option for education and training amongst the free state project. Schools if we have to have them should be dealt with at the local level as far as I can see and should be paid for by those attending, participating, receiving the education training whether in FRN, gold, silver, barters, work exchange or whatever else agreed upon.

For examply my wife is an RN and I am a medical marijuana gardener, our services SHOULD be able to be bartered especially within a state that folks are trying to move away from the FRN's and back to where "we the people" developed our own local currency, trade bartering system.

TJames

"I see a huge market for a local barter option for education and training amongst the free state project. Schools if we have to have them should be dealt with at the local level as far as I can see and should be paid for by those attending, participating, receiving the education training whether in FRN, gold, silver, barters, work exchange or whatever else agreed upon."

My thought exactly! I have spoken with a few Freestaters about this and I haven't even been involved a year yet. The skills you listed are things I'd like my future children to learn.

rank420

I went through private and public education in my life.

Grew up in a church/school until 9th grade
then
Public high school 10th-12th (BIG CHANGE lol)

I cannot remember a single thing that I learned in school outside of reading/writing/math that I still use today. I think that was a waste of my childhood and young adult life and left me with ZERO real life skills. I do not want the same for my children and I want them to KNOW what I believe is needed in TODAYS world.

I am not going to raise my kids to focus on getting a good education so they can hope to go to college in BIG HOPES to get a great paying job that they can do 9-5 for 40 hours a week for 40 years of their life while HOPING once again that there will be retirement left for them at the end of it all.

I want my kids to find out how to live, love, learn and show others how to do the same WITHOUT the government telling them HOW TO.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage

The homeschooling laws in NH are not bad and have just gotten better due to the efforts of liberty-loving state reps:
http://hslda.org/hs/state/NH/default.asp
http://www.hslda.org/elert/archive/2012/06/20120618154610.asp

In addition, there are private schools in NH that are very liberty friendly, such as Polaris Charter School:
http://www.polarischarterschool.org/

There's a good bit more information on these options in the forum. You may not get many responses over the next few days due to PorcFest.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

rank420

Thank you Jason I will check up a bit more on the homeschooling options.

I like the charter school option and am looking for private / locally funded or maybe just locate liberty teachers who can come to my home or the other way around and teach what I want my kids to learn ( what my kids are interested in ).

For example my son is amazing with video games and will be going to a video game design summer school ( internaldrive ) and would love to locate others in new hampshire who can further educate my son in video game design among other hobbies of his. I am sure I will be able to locate various FSP members who have the knowledge that I can pay,barter,trade for and my kids will end up better off for it and learn that they need ZERO government to help them AT ALL for their ENTIRE life.

Local Liberty Living
that sums it up for me
and then throw in the word "homestead" and you bring out a  ;D in me
Pages: [1]   Go Up