Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Moved to the Upper Valley  (Read 3587 times)

brian.lockwood

Just Moved to the Upper Valley
« on: June 10, 2012, 02:37:16 am »

I just moved to the Lebanon/Hanover area from Wyoming and I am looking for things to do and ways to meet people? I have one week before I start working. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

-Brian

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
Re: Just Moved to the Upper Valley
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 09:46:23 am »

Liberty Tuesday is normally the last Tuesday of the month, at Village Pizza in West Lebanon.  Not sure if PorcFest and Burning Porc will change that.

But, for that matter, Burning Porc (the 24th through the 30th, here in Grafton) is a good event to attend, anyway.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

MikeForLiberty

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 06:55:53 pm »

Not exactly in the neighborhood but the Lakes Region Porcupines meet next Sat. the 16th in Belmont. You may or may not want to see lots of motorcycles next door in Laconia, it is Bike Week.

brian.lockwood

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 04:16:41 pm »

Burning Porc sounds interesting but I don't think my work schedule will allow me to attend. I will definitely try to make it to a Liberty Tuesday at some point. Are there a large number of free-staters in the Lebanon/Hanover area or is it too close to Vermont to attract the right kind of people?

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 05:34:37 pm »

Burning Porc sounds interesting but I don't think my work schedule will allow me to attend. I will definitely try to make it to a Liberty Tuesday at some point. Are there a large number of free-staters in the Lebanon/Hanover area or is it too close to Vermont to attract the right kind of people?

Burning Porc is all week, so you can attend any time you like.  There's no real schedule, so there's no guarantee how many folks will be attending.  But if you're new to the area and say you'll be coming at a particular time, it's a good bet that folks will show up to greet you.

There are folks in the Lebanon/Hanover area.  I wouldn't say a large number, but there are definitely a few.  And Grafton's only 45 minutes away.  I doubt the proximity to Vermont has anything to do with the relatively-low number of Porcs in those cities; it's more the distance from everything else in NH...
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..
Pages: [1]   Go Up