Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to this Forum  (Read 5093 times)

TheQ

New to this Forum
« on: June 11, 2012, 12:09:26 pm »

Greetings all,

Yes, this is my first post.

My name is Phillip. My wife (of 7 months) and I will be celebrating our belated honeymoon in Lancaster next week at Porcfest.

A bit about me. I live in Michigan where I have done so my entire life (vacations aside) since birth.

I was the Ingham County Coordinator for the Ron Paul 2012 campaign. Ron Paul introduced me to Liberty in 2008. Since then and by following him more, as well as subsequent reading -- I have seen the light. LRN.FM has been a great resource as well.

Since Liberty is a big pill to feed most people, I've started my advocacy point in handguns. I am the sitting president of Michigan Open Carry, Inc -- a Michigan Not-For-Profit organization. We have hundreds of paying members and thousands of followers on Facebook.

http://Facebook.com/MichiganOpenCarry
http://miopencarry.org

I'll be Open Carrying at the Festival and while in NH, of course. I've read your laws regarding Firearms and I must say I find them: refreshingly liberating. It's only sad my wife and I will have to lock our luggage in the trunk will traveling through the People's State of New York.

I am an IT professional by day.

I look forward to visiting NH for the first time next week and learning more about the FSP while I'm there.

Unfortunately, life circumstances will prevent my wife and I from making "the move" for another 6-12 years. If we like what we see, you can count on us being regulars at the yearly festival.

We are driving a Pontiac Solstice, so not much room to pack a tent (or anything). We'll be staying our nights at the Lancaster Inn in town.

If there is a "welcome" or introduction Forum, I won't be offended if a moderator moves this thread there.

edmnd

Re: New to this Forum
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 03:24:06 pm »

TheQ?! TNG FAN??
A Porcfest honeymoon?
RP Coordinator?
IT Professional?

Your resume is ripe with awesome.
Hope to see you next week in Lancaster.
Stop by tent site 70B anytime.
There will be a beer with your name on it.
"The silver trump of freedom had roused my soul to eternal wakefulness. Freedom now appeared, to disappear no more forever. It was heard in every sound, and seen in every thing. It was ever present to torment me with a sense of my wretched condition. I saw nothing without seeing it, I heard nothing without hearing it, and felt nothing without feeling it. It looked from every star, it smiled in every colm, breathed in every wind, and moved in every storm." - The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass

TheMagicBullet

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 06:17:28 pm »

70B?  Hey there, almost neighbor!

TheQ

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 07:40:25 pm »

TheQ?! TNG FAN??
A Porcfest honeymoon?
RP Coordinator?
IT Professional?

Your resume is ripe with awesome.
Hope to see you next week in Lancaster.
Stop by tent site 70B anytime.
There will be a beer with your name on it.

Yes to all of the above. You forgot being the President of Michigan's largest Open Carry organization ;)

We will drop in...I'm always open to friendly convo. We're not staying in the campground but we will be spending a lot of time there.

I don't like beer though (but thank you!) and I never drink while carrying.

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 12:27:48 am »

70E  and I DO like Beer !

Everyone feel free to drop by.
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

freedomroad

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 02:10:19 am »

I was the Ingham County Coordinator for the Ron Paul 2012 campaign. Ron Paul introduced me to Liberty in 2008. Since then and by following him more, as well as subsequent reading -- I have seen the light. LRN.FM has been a great resource as well.

Hello and welcome.  I encourage you to attend the Ron Paul and New Hampshire Panel at Porcfest.
I am not sure if this information is 100% accurate but I believe it is called Ron Paul What Now and will be on Wednesday from 1:00PM until 2:00PM at the Queen's Tent.  The panel will include people active in various roles of the Ron Paul campaign in New Hampshire and other states.  We will talk about what the Ron Paul campaign did in NH, grassroots stuff, how it changed the national scene, the future and whatever people ask about.

edmnd

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 05:34:19 pm »

Yes to all of the above. You forgot being the President of Michigan's largest Open Carry organization ;)

We will drop in...I'm always open to friendly convo. We're not staying in the campground but we will be spending a lot of time there.

I don't like beer though (but thank you!) and I never drink while carrying.

I forgot to mention that one.
I think o/c orgs are one of the best forms of activism.
I remember seeing a NH o/c org doing community service while carrying
as a group and I was really impressed with that idea.
Not touching alcohol while open-carrying seems like a pretty good policy.
Hopefully you like coffee then!  ;D

See you soon!
"The silver trump of freedom had roused my soul to eternal wakefulness. Freedom now appeared, to disappear no more forever. It was heard in every sound, and seen in every thing. It was ever present to torment me with a sense of my wretched condition. I saw nothing without seeing it, I heard nothing without hearing it, and felt nothing without feeling it. It looked from every star, it smiled in every colm, breathed in every wind, and moved in every storm." - The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass

edmnd

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 05:37:16 pm »

Hello and welcome.  I encourage you to attend the Ron Paul and New Hampshire Panel at Porcfest.
I am not sure if this information is 100% accurate but I believe it is called Ron Paul What Now and will be on Wednesday from 1:00PM until 2:00PM at the Queen's Tent.  The panel will include people active in various roles of the Ron Paul campaign in New Hampshire and other states.  We will talk about what the Ron Paul campaign did in NH, grassroots stuff, how it changed the national scene, the future and whatever people ask about.

didn't see that event posted on the porcfest.com site.
sounds like a great idea. i'll be there.

freedomroad

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 05:56:32 pm »

didn't see that event posted on the porcfest.com site.
sounds like a great idea. i'll be there.

The official schedule as it will appear in the handout at Porcfest isn't online, as far as I can tell.  However, various rough drafts are available here http://happyporcupine.info/schedule/ . If you search around, you can find this event listed in more than 1 place on that page.
Pages: [1]   Go Up