Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Board games  (Read 5998 times)

ethicalcrackpot

Board games
« on: June 09, 2012, 10:17:27 am »

Is anyone on here interested in board gaming?
If anyone is interested, I could bring:
Dominion
Arkham Horror
Power Grid
Dungeon Twister (with most of the expansions)
Frag
Galaxy Trucker
Antike
Game of Thones the board game
Innovation
Red November
Risk 2210 AD
Agricola
(I may have forgotten 1 or 2)

I also own/love the shit out of Twilight Imperium, but that's 6 hours, so unless there is a lot of interest as well as a clear time we would play (when there are no events I really want to go to) I'd rather not bring that.

TheMagicBullet

Re: Board games
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 12:43:20 pm »

I have no idea what any of those games are, but now I'm thinking of bringing apples to apples.

1212jtraceur

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 09:00:35 pm »

I have no idea what any of those games are, but now I'm thinking of bringing apples to apples.

Ooh, apples to apples reminds me of a similar game I heard of recently: Cards Against Humanity. Perhaps I'll make and bring a set.

ethicalcrackpot

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:43:15 pm »

Ooh, apples to apples reminds me of a similar game I heard of recently: Cards Against Humanity. Perhaps I'll make and bring a set.
I own that too

1212jtraceur

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 10:10:53 pm »

I own that too

I'd love to give it a shot, if you could bring it. It looks like a blast!

mappchik

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 07:22:46 am »

We'll be bringing a batch of games to the family zone.
The final list may vary slightly, depending on how much room we have:

Tsuro
Munchkin
Munchkin Quest
Blokus
YamSlam
Tiki Mountain
Fluxx
Blink
Ziggity
Bananagrams
Cosmic Encounter

TheMagicBullet

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 12:18:16 pm »

Wow I haven't played Munchkin in at least a year!!

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 04:16:03 pm »

I'd be interested in playing, don't know any of the games in the first post but I've recently joined a meetup group in the Seacoast area where we mostly play Euro and designer games. I'm always interested in learning new games. I'll only be at Porcfest from Friday night till Sunday unfortunately, but if you get something going for then I'll come and drag my brother along (just kidding, he'll probably love playing too).

Apples to Apples is the only game mentioned that I know, but I'm interested in trying some others. I also have a handful of games, like Clue (2 versions but not my favorite the Master Detective version, one of mine is based on the Harry Potter series), Scrabble, also one called Space-opoly and a card game called Planetaire, kind of like Rummy.

As far as scheduling the games goes, I think, looking at the schedule, that Friday and Saturday nights I will be busy with existing events but something Saturday afternoon might work (as long as I can take a break for the group photo at 3:30), Sunday morning would also be a good time for me, though not my brother.
I have no doubt you can come up with some good times earlier in the week for those who will be at Porcfest for longer. Anyway, hope we can come up with something for during my two days there!
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

freedomroad

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 10:51:06 pm »

Apples to Apples is a wonderful game.  However, it isn't going to have the same charm with a bunch of strangers as it would with people who know each other.  I'd certainly be up for playing it, though.  I'm especially available on Monday, Tuesday, and on Wednesday evening.

TheQ

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 10:21:49 pm »

Monopoly...?

ethicalcrackpot

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2012, 08:18:46 pm »

We'll be bringing a batch of games to the family zone.
The final list may vary slightly, depending on how much room we have:

Tsuro
Munchkin
Munchkin Quest
Blokus
YamSlam
Tiki Mountain
Fluxx
Blink
Ziggity
Bananagrams
Cosmic Encounter
I would like to play Munchkin Quest, and Cosmic Encounter, I've heard good things about them both
Pages: [1]   Go Up