Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2013 Speaker Ideas  (Read 19155 times)

KMX

Re: 2013 Speaker Ideas
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 12:00:55 am »

Adam would be good. He has said something about New Hampshire before.

Also SC Tom Davis would be good. Maybe Justin Amesh

freedomroad

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 12:21:07 am »

Adam is at Porcfest over and over again. He did a whole week in Keene co-hosting FTL while Ian was in jail. He was at both of the New England Liberty Love Fests. He also spoke at a recent rally in MA. I am just not sure how good he would be at attracting people. If anyone in New England wanted to see him, they would have seen him in the last couple years.

Of course, if he charged very little to speak at LF, that might be something to consider.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 12:41:18 pm by LoveAndPeace »

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 02:00:02 am »

If Gary Johnson is going to make a run again in 2016 like he said he was I'd like to see him. Some people at Porcfest last year were rabid Johnson fans to the point of some hearing them say "why are they gonna waste their vote on Paul when Johnson is on the ballot in 47 states, LOL.

Jesse Ventura is good entertainment.
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

KMX

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 09:55:25 am »

Ron Paul ! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 09:06:06 pm »

I like Dr. Keith Smith's blog but I am not sure he would be a great speaker.

He seemed to interview well so I think he has potential as a speaker. Also, to me, this healthcare debacle is a huge issue and hearing from one of the few liberty-oriented physicans who is successfully practicing free market healthcare seems quite relevant to FSP.
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

feedmeliberty

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2012, 07:26:39 pm »

Some personal favourites that would be really cool to see:

Simon Black (http://www.sovereignman.com/simon-black/) - a la Jeff Berwick except I think this guy is a much more serious business man and is starting a resilient community in Chile.
Doug Casey (http://www.caseyresearch.com/our-staff/doug-casey) - pretty well known anarchist investment writer
John Robb (http://www.resilientcommunities.com/about/) - I think he lives in MA - wrote several books on the future of warfare and small autonomous communities
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 11:08:03 pm by feedmeliberty »

Toowm

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 10:04:14 am »

Oh, well. I suggested Russell Means at the start of this thread, but he just died. I wish his obits mentioned some of his recent secession activism.

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2012/10/22/breaking-news-russell-means-walks-on-141281
toowm
Porc -- The Other, Other White Meat

Winston Smith

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 11:28:44 am »

Jack Spirko from the Survival Podcast.  Spoke in 2012(missed it sadly) he's been giving free ad spots to the FSP all year, and advocates for Libertarian principles and the FSP regularly and effectively. 
"Outie belly buttons are the turkey thermometer of a communist."

feedmeliberty

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 08:25:45 am »

To mix up the Molyneux group think a bit (always healthy I think) I had added and removed Ryan Faulk. Not sure what to make of him. He has some very good insights and such a young guy. He has caused some controversy though and does focus a lot on race, which has drawn ire. Juan Sebastian Ortiz may also be good there though he lives in Costa Rica.

Also David Harriman might be real interesting: on how physics has been distorted by nihilism and how that has harmed science. David is an objectivist. One counter theory to the nihilist-embraced quantum mechanics/general relativity is by Lewis Little, who seems to have a proponent. Dr. Jeffrey Boyd, that lives in CT looking to promote his work. So may be of interest. Here is his site: elwave.org/videos

Harriman
http://www.gnosticmedia.com/david-harriman-interview-the-philosophic-corruption-of-physics-and-the-logical-leap-111/
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:27:22 am by feedmeliberty »

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 09:00:09 am »

To mix up the Molyneux group think a bit (always healthy I think) I had added and removed Ryan Faulk.

Yeah, I've really enjoyed some of Ryan's discussions on statism and anarchism but his obsession with race and how it keeps coming up is disturbing and unfortunate.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up