Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132   Go Down

Author Topic: New Hampshire  (Read 279754 times)

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
Re:New Hampshire
« Reply #1935 on: September 11, 2003, 09:57:30 am »

Yeah, with his popularity, and the lack of ANY Dem with a name, I don't see Benson going anywhere.
Never mind the LPNH not running against him, even the DEMS haven't found anyone willing to do so yet. They'll likely find some sacrificial lamb, though.  :-\

JM
« Last Edit: September 11, 2003, 09:57:57 am by jgmaynard »
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #1936 on: September 11, 2003, 03:14:03 pm »

I think Keith's action plan to get porc's elected to office in 2004 is burried somewhere in this thread.  I believe with the governor's plan for a constitutional amendment now public, we can use Keith's plan to elect even more porc's than was possible, even last week!  

Issues are what we need to win elections, and looks like Governor Benson is going to keep giving us more! :D
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #1937 on: September 11, 2003, 05:58:59 pm »

IF YOU WANT TO HELP GOVERNOR BENSON PASS THE TAXPAYER BILL OF RIGHTS

I just got this off the CNHT mailing list:

"Stay tuned for the proposed TAXPAYER BILL OF RIGHTS! We will need FACES at the hearing. This is a chance for some good networking for small taxpayer groups and individuals starting up. (Yes, you can start with a state issue.) Please put aside Sept 16 at 1 pm. for an announcement in Concord. We can meet at our office at noon right across from the statehouse if you want to go over together. Here is how uncomplicated this is: 2/3 rds vote to raise or start taxes. Works so well in other states big spending governors and legislatures are beside themselves and lawyers are making up new meanings for words to try to weasel out of the law.
   It will take a constitutional amendment. We have done it before!"

JM

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
« Reply #1938 on: September 12, 2003, 07:37:04 am »

Did everyone see that the Governor is also proposing a Constitutional amendment to FINALLY FIX THE CLAIRMONT DECISION!!!

This will fix the property tax problem in NH!!!  Total state and local taxes will plunge back to normal levels again!

NH will become the state with the lowest taxes in the nation again!

:D :D :D

What do you think the chances are for these two amendments to pass?
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #1939 on: September 12, 2003, 07:41:44 am »

The question is, how easy will it be for people who vote against the amendments to win the following election?

Tony Stelik

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a rabid individualist
« Reply #1940 on: September 12, 2003, 07:57:03 am »

The question is, how easy will it be for people who vote against the amendments to win the following election?
In your question you are assuming thy will win.  ??? Where? In NH ???
I am assuming they will be eliminated and quickly :D

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forgive you

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #1941 on: September 12, 2003, 08:00:31 am »

In your question you are assuming thy will win.  ??? Where? In NH ???
I am assuming they will be eliminated and quickly :D

Well the proper Porcupine answer would be "not very"

Karl

« Reply #1942 on: September 12, 2003, 08:20:31 am »

What do you think the chances are for these two amendments to pass?

Benson's education ammendment, CACR 2, would undo the Claremont decision, but would not necissarily undo the state property tax.  It clarifies that it is the legislature, not the courts, that has the authority to determine school funding by the state.

My prediction is that it will pass; a very good thing.  But sadly, a likely compromise is that its passage will be preconditioned on continued statutory funding for schools at the state level, and the state property tax will remain to some extent.  Fortunately for us, it will be a lot easier to work in statutory land than constitutional land.

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #1943 on: September 12, 2003, 08:25:10 am »

The SWPT has already been sentenced to a ~44% cut over the next couple years.. The amendment would just make it so that the courts could never again meddle in education funding. :D

And even with the SWPT, NH had the lowest  tax burden in the continental US, and Alaska only slightly edged us out due to the oil payments they get.

Not anymore.... ;)

JM

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
« Reply #1944 on: September 12, 2003, 09:58:10 am »

It appears that there are a few alternatives to Benson's amendment, though I am personally in favor of Benson's over the others.  State Sen Peterson has CACR 14, which poses a 31% floor on education funding.  Here's an article from the Union Leader which I'm sure most of you have already read:

http://www.theunionleader.com/politics_show.html?article=26143

So what does everybody think of state Attourney General Peter Heed's attempted "code of ethics" for conflicts of interest of state officials (brought on by the whole Vailas affair)?

Karl

« Reply #1945 on: September 12, 2003, 10:14:15 am »

It appears that there are a few alternatives to Benson's amendment, though I am personally in favor of Benson's over the others.  State Sen Peterson has CACR 14, which poses a 31% floor on education funding.  Here's an article from the Union Leader which I'm sure most of you have already read:

http://www.theunionleader.com/politics_show.html?article=26143

CACR 13 and 14 are similar.  I don't see either one passing, since they mandate funding levels in the state constitution.

Also, I can see that Democratic Chairperson Kathy Sullivan, won't be our friend.  She's quite belligerent.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2003, 10:14:52 am by Karl Beisel »

rdeacon

• FSP Participant
  • Six Years Into a Ten Year Sojourn
« Reply #1946 on: September 13, 2003, 08:42:03 am »

Good thing Sullivan's in the minority!  Once we arrive she'll be even more marginalized.  ;D

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #1947 on: September 13, 2003, 05:04:22 pm »

You can tell that she's scared as hell. A large part of democrat support comes from libertarians who can't stomach the social conservatism of many republicans. The idea that we thing state government should be even smaller than Republicans think it should be scares her even more.
Her strategy right now is trying to peel off the more statist republicans from supporting Benson by scaring them into thinking we are anarchists of the black shirts variety, smashing starbucks, etc.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
Re:Hell's Angels hold world-wide meeting in..... New Hampshire!
« Reply #1948 on: September 13, 2003, 05:39:43 pm »

Bike Week here in NH has always been far more mellow than statists would like to claim. The statist papers will frequently make a big deal of how many people were arrested during bike week. When you get down to the details, though, it is for things like posession, open container, public intercourse (yeah, having sex on a bike driving down Main Street and trying to get away with it is something that occurs every year). If someone in the entire state dies in a motorcycle accident during bike week, they ascribe a homicide to the event.

This has decreased in recent years, though, and I think that this years event was probably the best we've ever had. It is looked on as akin to a regular sporting type event just like a weekend of races at Loudon (the biggest sports draw in the Northeast).

That the cops here in NH look at the worldwide meeting of the HA as just another convention is telling.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #1949 on: September 13, 2003, 07:54:32 pm »

If the spilt between Benson and Senator Green divides the R party in NH, AND Sullivan is trying to do as you suggest, Mike, than significant portions of both major parties in NH could spilt off and join the LPNH and other porcupines in the event of a New Hampshire win.
We leave the big spenders to the weakened and marganilized D and R parties, and come up the middle, grabbing the huge independent vote, and coast to victory.

Easy. ;)

Does this mean the D's won't Advertise for the LPNH anymore? ;)

JM

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 129 [130] 131 132   Go Up