Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132   Go Down

Author Topic: New Hampshire  (Read 285761 times)

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
Re:Why the FSP should choose New Hampshire
« Reply #1920 on: September 08, 2003, 12:33:41 pm »

Perhaps they started talking about the FSP because of the AP article.

Talk about good press.

Say, where did the NH press coverage thread go?

I like the title for it in the Delaware News Journal:

'Free State Project' looks elsewhere
Del. no longer top candidate for effort to create local libertarian majority

A Maine TV station is running a fraction of it with this title:
Maine still in running as free-staters near decision

Neat.

Tony Stelik

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a rabid individualist
Re:New Hampshire Governor Joins as a Friend of the FSP!!!
« Reply #1921 on: September 08, 2003, 12:45:06 pm »

This got nothing to do with this thread talking of Craig Benson signing up as the friend of FSP, but Zak, why computer would not be able be conscious? If all connections of the brain would be copied in electronic device, and if electronic device would be a copy of the brain itself, what makes you sure it (provided the copy would be good enough) would not have consciousness?

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forgive you

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #1922 on: September 08, 2003, 12:45:39 pm »

So far, it's come out in two different major NH papers today....

Portsmouth Herald

Free-staters eye New Hampshire

Concord Monitor

State motto attracts liberty-minded
Free State Project to choose destination soon

Keep in mind, these are both good articles about us in two of NH's largest papers.  
The more they learn about us, the more they like the Project. That's a great thing. :)

Yeah, I'm sure WMUR got it from AP. :)

JM
« Last Edit: September 08, 2003, 01:01:22 pm by jgmaynard »
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

Tony Stelik

• FSP Participant
Re:NH laser tag compound, another minor NH advantage
« Reply #1923 on: September 08, 2003, 01:19:36 pm »

exitus, the last time I lived in Idaho there were more than a handful, us gun fanatics out west love them, and even one of my friends had built his own.
But do you know about laser tag simulation there? Such simulation gives much more experience and fun than regular shoting range
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forgive you

Number_6

Re:Our Vacation in Portsmouth, NH
« Reply #1924 on: September 08, 2003, 02:22:09 pm »

A little up the road, I saw a rustic looking building with a sign reading Pete's Gun and Tackle Shop.

Decided to get gas just past there, since it was cheaper than in MA.  Noticed two extra pumps I hadn't seen in any gas stations in MA.  One for Kerosene, the second for 110 octane Racing fuel at $4.499 a gallon.

110 octane?  You could run a Super Stock Plymouth on that (the 1962 413 Plymouth) ...

Mike Lorrey

• FSP Participant
  • Live Free and Never Die
    • The International Libertarian
« Reply #1925 on: September 08, 2003, 04:40:12 pm »

What if I bought one of those "beautiful old stone structures" tore it down sold all the old stones to out-of-state collectors and put in a parking lot?

Would New Hampshirites try to stop me with historic preservation laws?

A few might, but most would have the common sense to mind their own business while you minded yours. Many of them would undoubtedly snicker at your absurd business plan, however.

Actually, there are a number of entrepreneurs here in NH who go around buying old barns and homes, have them dismantled and shipped elsewhere in the country. Apparently the old Yankee post and beam construction techniques, along with the wood (being in many cases from the original old growth forests) of immense proportions is in high demand.

Historic preservation laws that exist here can only be used to really protect something if the building in question belonged to historically important persons or if historic events occured there. If a prior owner got a HPS certification for the property but you can prove that it isn't of much historical value other than archictecturally, you can get them rescinded. Don't expect it to be easy though, because the prior owner has essentially given away property rights in the belief that historic status would enhance the property value.
The International Libertarian: The Journal of Liberty For Everyone, Everywhere, All The Time

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
Re:New Hampshire Governor Joins as a Friend of the FSP!!!
« Reply #1926 on: September 08, 2003, 09:48:09 pm »

Hey the computer got us this far, but it will not get us to the promised land! :D

Don't know all the details, but I am certain that Craig didn't hear about us, and join us, because he heard about us on the computer! :D
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
Re:101 Reasons to Vote for NH
« Reply #1927 on: September 08, 2003, 09:53:28 pm »

Hey Michele, no disrespect intended, but perhaps we have outgrown the 101 Reasons!

Perhaps we should start a new thread!  501 Reasons to Vote for NH! ;)
Please join us!

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
Re:New Hampshire
« Reply #1928 on: September 09, 2003, 02:04:31 pm »

Reasons # 502 and #503 to vote NH (if you haven't done so already) ;)

First..... It's gotten out to the press, so I feel OK about telling it here... Remember when Craig Benson said that one of his next things in office was to promote a taxpayer bill of rights? I got some advance details of it last week... It's centerpiece is going to be a constitutional amendment to make it so that any new or increased taxes, fees, etc., will have to pass both houses of the NH legislature by a 2/3 majority. :D

And I just got this e-mail from Ed Naile, who heads the Coalition of New Hampshire Taxpayers (NH's largest taxpayer's group). He is offering his services (which are very valuable), in helping to train FSP members to win and keep office, while avoiding all the tricks proponents of big government are likely to use against us....

"How are the Free State people doing? I would hope they are scoping out the landscape in NH. Especially the small towns where they could have an awesome affect and provide some good state reps. in time.
   I would like to talk to them and try to give them a little input as to the NH landscape. You know, how to get on a board and get things done without polarizing issues being used to marginalize them.
   A good lesson can be learned from the Straight Arrows of Laconia who won control of city government for a brief flash in the pan. Also the conservatives who got on the Merrimack school board and were badgered out of office by non-issues constantly being used by opponents to label them as extremists.
   I can offer some suggestions as to how to fit "in" and get what you want while staying with Libertarian principals. Our opponents have professional help from the teachers unions, Municipal Association, School Boards Association, Superintendents Assoc., and the press. There are ways to avoid the hassle.
Ed"

Taxes are going to be MUCH harder to pass if the amendment goes through, and if we select New Hampshire, we will have additional powerful allies and training. :D

JM

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
« Reply #1929 on: September 09, 2003, 02:12:08 pm »

It's centerpiece is going to be a constitutional amendment to make it so that any new or increased taxes, fees, etc., will have to pass both houses of the NH legislature by a 2/3 majority. :D

UNBELIEVABLE!!!   :) :) :)

This exact supermajority strategy has been discussed on the FSP Strategy forums for months!  This exact strategy appeared in the LP newspaper!

I'm in shock that he would even attempt this unless it would succeed in NH.  :)
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

Tony Stelik

• FSP Participant
Re:New Hampshire House passes Jury nullification Act
« Reply #1930 on: September 09, 2003, 02:49:56 pm »

Yes, we NH residents really dropped the ball on this one. A little more lobbying on our part and the bill might not have been killed in the senate committee.

However, I am encouraged that the house was even able to pass this bill by a 220-149 margin. How many other states have done that?

Is anything going on in NH currently regarding this jury nullification? This issue is one of the most important. Jury is the last standing guard of our freedoms. Politicians disregarding Constitution, activist judges all sort of statist are trying to bury this rights of jury. I consider the issue as more urgent than  privatization of the education.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2003, 02:51:03 pm by Tony Stelik »

LeRuineur6

• FSP Participant
  • Act decisively. Without reserve!
    • Liberty Scholarship Fund
« Reply #1931 on: September 10, 2003, 09:05:05 am »

Man, using this big thread really hurts conversation.  :(

There has only been one post on this thread in the last 19 hours!  Can we split it back up?  Where did my vacation thread go?  Or the 101 Reasons thread?  Inside of this one?  Which pages?   :-\
Please donate $5 to $10 per month to the Liberty Scholarship Fund!
"Noncooperation is intended to pave the way to real, honorable, and voluntary cooperation based on mutual respect and trust." -Gandhi

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #1932 on: September 10, 2003, 03:15:39 pm »

Hey Mike, I share your sadness! >:(  Would appear the idea was to cut off meanful dialogue! :(

But on a more positive note! :)  How about Governor Benson and the 2/3 majority amendment to raise taxes! ;D

Perhaps not as wise as some of the porc's, but man what an issue for us to hit the ground running with.  Don't need a brick in the head to see this! :o

Image just a few hundred additional porc's on the ground now fighting to establish a constitutional amendment to stop the increase in taxes?

If we can stop tax increases now, imagine how much easier our task will be when all the porc's get to New Hampshire!

We can devote our efforts to other things, like getting government out of education, stop stupid zoning laws, and even begin the fight to get rid of laws against victimless crimes.

Is it not great to have a porc in the governors office? :D
Please join us!

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #1933 on: September 11, 2003, 07:33:02 am »

I know. Like I said, I got advance notice of it last week, and had been busting at the seams to tell you folks. :)
But, once it started being leaked to the press, I figured it was OK. ;)
Put a few porcs in the state house, with Benson still in the corner office,and that budget is gonna shrink! :D

JM

Tony Stelik

• FSP Participant
« Reply #1934 on: September 11, 2003, 08:09:14 am »

What you mean “still in the corner office”?  ??? He should be there until he will move to the White House :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2003, 08:10:23 am by Tony Stelik »
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132   Go Up

anything