Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: advice on starting agorist dog boarding business  (Read 2490 times)

oddonesout

advice on starting agorist dog boarding business
« on: March 30, 2012, 09:42:44 am »

Hi Everyone-  I want to help my teenage son start a dog boarding business.  We have a kennel building and exercise yards, we just need to know how to advertise and how to handle calls or visits from the town or dog officers.  We won't have room for a ton of dogs but we hope for 3 or 4 at a time so he can get a taste for having a business and get a little money.  Unfortunately we are not in NH yet, so our customers probably won't be Free Staters or from word of mouth by FSers. (unless you visit ME and want to bring your dogs to us)  Of course we aren't taking any dogs the week of June 18-24!  Thanks for any advice, Jessica and Erik 

rank420

Re: advice on starting agorist dog boarding business
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 02:36:48 pm »

Craigslist will do wonders for local jobs.

I would write an ad that provides them the service and not the dogs.

In advertising there are a ton of free classifieds that work great especially for local contact work.

I would also go to dog parks and actually post something and go and speak with the dog "partners" and let them get a feel for you.

Just like babysitters there are many who will not simply hand over an animal that they consider to be part of their family to strangers.

Get to know people and make contacts and everything else will fall in line.

Schools, churches, social events, local parks, gyms, pet stores. Many of these places allow free bulletin board posting.

oddonesout

Re: advice on starting agorist dog boarding business
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 02:48:55 pm »

Thank you for the reply!  I like your ideas.  Jessica
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything