- 3 (25%)
LateDinner (8pm+)
- 0 (0%)
Snacks (homemade or other)
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: April 03, 2012, 07:05:07 pm

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you want to eat at PorcFest?  (Read 13902 times)

FrugalFannie

What do you want to eat at PorcFest?
« on: March 20, 2012, 07:05:07 pm »

I cook 1 or 2 events per year. Sometimes with my brothers, sometimes not. This is how we usually spend our vacations if you can call it that but we love it. I am capable of cooking all day but would prefer to cook 1 or 2 meals so I can enjoy some of the activities at PorcFest. I will be at site 31. Trying to decide what to offer you guys. As I haven't been to PorcFest before I thought those who have been can let me know what is usually most lacking and/or desired. After this poll closes I will probably post another to see if there are specific items/meals you guys and gals would like. (hamburgers vs rib eyes)

So please vote and help me decide what meals to make.

(I will definitely be brewing some good Java regardless what time of day we 'open' so stop by for a cup)

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
Re: What do you want to eat at PorcFest?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 09:03:18 pm »

I vote for breakfast. I hate having to wait for breakfast in the morning when I know the delay is causing me to miss something.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

LibertyforLife

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 12:20:58 am »

I too vote for breakfast.
Live free or die!

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 06:53:24 am »

All-day breakfast (limited by whatever timeframe you're open, of course).  Some folks may be up quite late, and wake up quite late, therefore wanting breakfast even though it's after noon.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 02:19:28 pm »

I'm all for breakfast too. Especially if there's a low carb or paleo option. Even better if you accept Shire Silver  ;D
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

robin.freiheit

• anarchy burger, hold the government
    • Because we want to be... FREE!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 06:00:39 pm »

I agree with all day breakfast, easy too cook and most people like breakfast all the time.

I remember in 2010 waiting a LONG time for breakfast on more than one occasion.
renegade0ffunk.tumblr.com

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 06:41:59 pm »

Vegetarian food   :)
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 07:51:21 pm »

Bacon Bacon Bacon

powerline87

• Pro-Life, Minarchist Libertarian, Engineer
    • Facebook profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 10:57:30 pm »

I second greap's motion (Bacon Bacon Bacon).

Also, I like breakfast all the time too, if by breakfast, you guys mean burgers, hoagies, and chicken.

I'm not sure if I can make it down for Porcfest, but I think I have to check it out.  If I do go, it will only be for a day or 2

freedomroad

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 11:02:10 pm »

It is common for some NH folks to only come for 1-2 day and other folks to only come for 2-3 days so you will be in the norm :)  I like to attend the whole event, even the less attended days because the area is so beautiful and the atmosphere if different when only a few hundred or less people at in attendance.  With 1200 or so people there, the atmosphere definitely changes.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 06:26:07 pm by LoveAndPeace »

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 01:06:57 pm »

I'm in for breakfast all day, if it means the normal foods like scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, muffins, bagels, maybe some kind of fried potatoes, fruit, coffee and juice for drinks, and maybe even the tiny boxes of cereal. Or whatever combination you wanted to do. Don't know how hard any of these is to do with a portable setup, so I wouldn't want to be too demanding.

I'll probably be there for 4 days (unfortunately I can only get 2 days off from work, and I'm waiting to hear, won't find out till April - I would come for Friday - Sunday on my normal days off anyway, hopefully can arrive on Wed night instead).
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

TheMagicBullet

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 03:55:13 pm »

Breakfast is fine, and I second the vegetarian comment! Things like veggie omelettes, fresh juice, or egg and cheese sandwiches. Other than breakfast, more ethnic food would be nice like Indian, thai, maybe mexican. There was only a couple thai-ish stands, and George's baklava, that I recall being ethnic at all. Even just some killer asian stir fry...yum.

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 04:03:40 pm »

On the subject of breakfast I would pay a premium for real sausages and real bacon. It seems the colonies doesn't know a good breakfast :)

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 04:28:38 pm »

On the subject of breakfast I would pay a premium for real sausages and real bacon. It seems the colonies doesn't know a good breakfast :)

I disagree.  There are definitely sources for quality meats right here in NH.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 07:24:17 pm »

I wonder if I should bring food with me.  I would be more likely to do so if consumers would provide me with some kind of compensation for doing so.

;D
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up