Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another NH man accused of harmless weapon discharge - faces decades in prison  (Read 30848 times)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org

I reposted that story on Facebook.  A man convicted of murder in the same congressional district received only 15 years for that.

Regarding my own case, I have a motion to reconsider setting aside the verdict and a JNOV.  The latter is more likely to be accepted, and would simply result in another trial.  My sentencing hearing is set for Friday, July 6th at Rockingham County Courthouse in Brentwood, 10am.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org

By the way, two of the career criminals who were involved in the fight, let go by police, were caught just 17 days later by Haverill PD, a REAL police department.  They were charged with Breaking & Entering, Drug Trafficking, etc.  Others were later charged for Reckless Endangerment, OUI, and others at another incidenct.

Thanks for letting those attempted murderers go, Seabrook PD. (sarcasm)
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org

For folks who didn't know, my sentencing hearing is set for Friday, July 6th at 10am.  I will be in courtroom #1.

The prosecutor kept arguing that it was dark out, even though the witnesses all said that the lights were on and they could plainly see the backyard.  They all said that earlier that evening, people had been walking around in the backyard with no problem seeing, and that several people ran out the back door, all the way to the Mobile On-The-Run half a mile away with no problem seeing the ground.  The jury had to have believed that the ground was too dark for me to see.

The prosecutor, Patricia Conway, even argued that I was drunk, even though all of the witnesses said that I was sober, never had more than one beer, and never showed any signs of intoxication.  This is a violation of State v. Boetti and other rulings that prohibit prosecutors from misrepresenting eye witness testimony and making things up on closing.  She even vouched for witnesses (a big no no that could get someone disbarred) on closing, and essentially made up a story that wasn't supported by evidence.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant

What you did was wrong, as I've already noted.

But locking you in a cage won't change that, and is just petty nonsense.

I hope that they, at most, give you a suspended sentence.

I hope that you would then make restitution to your victims.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org

Maineshark, I don't read your posts.  I had you on my 'Ignore' list because you are always talking about things that you know nothing about.  Whatever you're putting in your posts, don't bother, unless you're directing them at others.

For everyone else, I was convinced that night that, had I not taken the knife and beer bottle from that woman, had I not fired a round into the ground, that at least a couple of people would have been seriously injured or killed.  Once someone comes at you with a knife in your own home threatening, "I'm going to kill whoever messes with my boyfriend," that has to be grounds for self-defense.  The first 911 call was from a woman crying hysterically for help, saying "There's been a fight," and, "There's blood everywhere."

Several of those people already have long violent criminal histories that the jury didn't get to hear about:  Attempted Murder, Cruelty to Animals, Assault & Battery w/ a Dangerous Weapon, B&E, Reckless Endangerment, Assault to Kill, Witness Threatening, and about two dozen A&B convictions and outstanding warrants.  They were all let go by Seabrook PD, and many have gone on to victimize other people.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant

Maineshark, I don't read your posts.  I had you on my 'Ignore' list because you are always talking about things that you know nothing about.

Sure.  It's amazing how, for knowing "nothing" about things, I've managed to accurately describe them, eh?

Whatever you're putting in your posts, don't bother, unless you're directing them at others.

Don't worry; your past behavior indicates that there is virtually zero chance that you will ever change your ways, so there is no reason that I would actually direct comments to you.  You have no concern for the wellbeing of others, and just get off on silly power trips.  You tried to become a cop, and when that failed, you go around behaving like one, anyway.

For everyone else, I was convinced that night that, had I not taken the knife and beer bottle from that woman, had I not fired a round into the ground, that at least a couple of people would have been seriously injured or killed.

Unfortunately, it's not your level of conviction that matters.  The belief supporting such actions must be objectively-reasonable.

Once someone comes at you with a knife in your own home threatening, "I'm going to kill whoever messes with my boyfriend," that has to be grounds for self-defense.

It's not self-defense, if the threat no longer exists.  Also, if you didn't plan to "mess" with her boyfriend, that's not actually a threat.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org

Update:  Tomorrow morning, I go in to Rockingham County Courthouse to see what sentence the judge comes up with.  The prosecutor is asking for a year, which would be a minimum of 8 months.  Please contact your state legislators and speak with them personally about this case.  The right to self-defense is in jeopardy when the police can simply lie on the stand about what you said and get you convicted.

I couldn't get onto FTL tonight to speak with listeners.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org

200 hours of community service and $500.  The rest is suspended. 

I still have to appeal the case on principle.  It's unbelievable that hardened career criminals were all let go to continue victimizing other people, and that the Budget Committee member who's speaking out against police corruption ends up with felony indictments for defending his own home.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org

UPDATE:  Appeal was filed on Friday with the N'Hampsha Supreme Court.  15 copies of the appeal were made, at 20 pages each.  The AG's office gave me a receipt for one, Rockingham County Attorney's Office and the N.H. Public Defender each get one.  The Appellate Defender in Concord receives one copy, while Rockingham Superior Court receives two.  The Supremes receives the original plus EIGHT (count 'em 8!) copies for a total of 15, including yourself.  You also have to come up with two grand for the Appellate Defender, which spends 1-2 weeks prepping your case once they receive the transcript.

In my case, I've noticed 19 separate issues, including, but not limited to:
Whether the Court erred in denying Laurie materials (police personnel issues)
Police video from the morning of
Two jurors who were clearly partial and none too objective
Fatally defective indictment
Lack of evidence negating the defenses
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up