Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Belize as an alternate FSP...  (Read 12747 times)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

ShirePhotography

Re: Belize as an alternate FSP...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 07:04:43 am »

you should do that

freedomroad

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 12:43:02 pm »

Belize and even Costa Rica are likely nice places to visit during winter.  Since Belize is less developed, it is even cheaper than Costa Rica, too.  I have family that has lived about 45 minutes from the Canadian border for decades.  They usually go on a vacation or two during winter to HI, FL or the Caribbean.

Argus

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 12:28:04 pm »

Reasons for choosing Belize as a second FSP:
http://blog.spaceja.com/belize-beach-belize-best-beaches/
http://www.belizedistrict.com/tosee_bc.html
http://www.offshorelegal.org/offshore-banking/belize-offshore-banking/belize-court-make-landmark-ruling-protecting-banking-privacy.html

Reason for not doing so:
http://www.trails.com/list_14720_belize-beach-resorts.html

Maxx:

Thanks for this post.

As I continue to inquire into my own future as a voluntaryist, the option of simply abandoning the United Police State of America has tickled the back of my mind. I keep asking myself "Is this really my country any more?"  My only real tie to the US is the coincidence of my birth.

Like you, I also see Belize as a possible alternative.

I wonder if trying to effect a Free State NH project in Belize would be worthwhile? The more expatriates, the more possibility in effecting the govt. structure, perhaps? Or maybe just a huge coopertive land buy as a freestanding community?  (I say "land buy AS IF I actually have money!).

The more I think about it, the more I realize the US is a crumbling Roman Empire that may soon (if not already) reach the point of no return. http://www.dollarvigilante.com/blog/2012/2/28/the-decline-and-fall-of-the-roman-denarius.html

Starting over seems more rational all the time. Maybe as a Costa Rican citizen with dual Dominican Republic passport? (and yes I know I am a sovereign indiviudal but I have to use labels like "citizen" in a practical sense).

SIDENOTE: Why was the final link listed as "reason not to..?" Because of the possibility of being a tourist trap?

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 07:32:39 pm »

No, of being eaten by hungry sharks.  We have lawyers here in the States.

I've always thought of a Free Nation Project as more of a backup effort, rather than the real deal.  It would be easier to retire and/or start a business there.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Maq

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 07:16:06 am »

Yeah but what are the gun laws like? 

greap

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • What we have here is a failure to communicate
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 09:12:16 am »

Yeah but what are the gun laws like? 

Extremely restrictive. You have to establish a need to get a license and even then your choices are significantly limited, they dictate the calibers available to the sheeple.

One option is Honduras which is looking at charter cities right now.

escapist_reborn

• Liberating the world one graphic at a time!
    • Graphical Liberation Front
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 10:59:56 pm »

I think the key component in a freedom project such as this is the ability to affect public policy in a meaningful way. As such, it always makes sense to move to a place where most migrants could vote in a reasonable amount of time.

The single element most people need in order to move is opportunity. Are there jobs/entrepreneurial opportunities in Belize?
Joël Valenzuela<br />Chief Contrabandist, Graphical Liberation Front
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything