Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which would you choose?  (Read 1757 times)

weatherford

Which would you choose?
« on: November 29, 2011, 06:09:31 am »

I am looking at a lot of place, and of course, taking property taxes into my moving equation (Mark, the Porc Realtor, has been incredibly helpful and probably finds me the most irritating and frustrating client he's ever had... ::) )

I've wanted to move to the Grafton area on principle, but not farms for what I need/want. However, I have found some interesting ones in other areas. I checked the NHLiberty Alliance reps ratings, and now I find myself town between moving somewhere with LIBERTY minded representatives or moving somewhere without and trying to create *(incite?) change.

I may be too old to be so political, then I think of the great Millicent Fenwick (who grew up with my mother and aunt), and think, what is age?   ;D

But, is it POSSIBLE to turn places like Cornish and Danbury, Hanover and Lebanon (etc) into Liberty loving strongholds, or will I just get frustrated?   ???

(Anyone live in those places??)

THANKS!!!

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
Re: Which would you choose?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 08:45:09 am »

But, is it POSSIBLE to turn places like Cornish and Danbury, Hanover and Lebanon (etc) into Liberty loving strongholds, or will I just get frustrated?   ???

(Anyone live in those places??)

We own a place in Danbury.  It's not a bad town, as towns go, but we prefer to live in Grafton because of our future plans (farming, etc.).  Danbury just lowered their assessments, though, so that's a plus for property tax bills.

The cities are always going to be harder to "convert" - the government is much more entrenched, so it's harder to root it out.  Of the two, if you insist on living in one of them, I'd say that Leb is a better bet than Hanover.  But of the four you mention, I'd say Danbury is best.
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

weatherford

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 05:52:45 am »

I am looking at a couple of places in Danbury, and a couple in Cornish (among other places).

I am really tired of what I consider very expensive houses situated RIGHT on the roads!!! Of course, you can always move a house, but, then the house shouldn't be expensive, eh?!

Thanks, MaineShark!

And I would NEVER live in a town - someplace with LOTS of land near one, possibly. But land is my goal. ;)

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 08:45:39 am »

I am looking at a couple of places in Danbury, and a couple in Cornish (among other places).

I am really tired of what I consider very expensive houses situated RIGHT on the roads!!! Of course, you can always move a house, but, then the house shouldn't be expensive, eh?!

Thanks, MaineShark!

And I would NEVER live in a town - someplace with LOTS of land near one, possibly. But land is my goal. ;)

How much land, and for what general use?  There are a some for-sale-by-owner places around, which won't show up on the MLS and such...
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 05:36:59 am »

Right on the road has its advantages for ease of snow removal and access in the winter. Private dirt roads and long driveways need constant maintenance.

weatherford

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 05:49:57 am »

Thanks, MaineShark!

How much land, and for what general use?  There are a some for-sale-by-owner places around, which won't show up on the MLS and such...

I am thinking minimum of 20 acres cleared/farmland - plus woods, of course. Looking at 50+ acres, but don't know about the $$$$. thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up